taric advices

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KTVSUN

03-26-2010

Hello, does rilay work with taric? (ulti and shatter)

What do you think of rageblade?

I also have issue with runes

i use 8% cd Qunit of hp hp per level for yellow and ap per level for red. Im not sure it s great.

Thanks a lot for the advices.

K

Morinav

03-27-2010

By and large, I don't like per level runes. There are some exceptions, but I usually prefer the boost that flat runes give early game.

I play Taric as a pure support/tank. My core items are...

Chalice - Because you can never have too much Mana as Taric
Ninja Tabi/Mercury's Treads - Because you can never have too much survivability as Taric
Spirit Visage - Since all of your heals also heal yourself, it goes a long way to letting you live forever.
Aegis of the Legion - Great support/pushing item.

Beyond that it depends on the match. I'll often pick up Thornmail, Soul Shroud's not a bad choice, and Rylai's is an interesting idea. Rageblade is also an interesting idea, not too expensive, would help with pushes since you'd hit faster, a little harder, get more mana back, and heal more. I've never thought of getting AP to help with his healing before. I tend to leave Stark's for Sivir or someone else that will benefit more from its personal buff. I've only ever run an ASPD/AD/Armor Pen taric once and never considered a hybrid.

Skills wise I get Dazzle first always. If I'm being pressured hard, I'll get imbue next, if not, shatter. Typically I'll focus on shatter, then imbue, then dazzle, putting points in his ult whenever available.

I bought a bunch of extremely general runes that would at least help with most every hero.
Reds - Armor Pen
Yellows - Dodge
Blues - Scaling CD reduction
Quints - Gold/10 (Because they's cheap, would love movespeed or flat HP).

I'm still a little on the fence about what would be best for Taric, but my guess would be something along the lines of:
Reds - Attack speed/Magic Pen/Armor Pen/Maybe something tanky?
Yellows - Dodge/Something tanky (Armor/M. Resist)
Blues - Something tanky
Quints - Flat HP

Which probably doesn't help much.

KTVSUN

04-04-2010

thx for the reply

i switched to as for red, mana per level for yellow and cd for blue and hp for the 3 big ones.

get either tooth or shroud depending on team. also as boots or ninja.

then usually aegis.

def tree up to top and 9 in off for cd and magic pen.

Works great as pure support but i d like to experiment with something more offensive.

maye spirit and brutalizer for the cd then rage blade an or aegis.

I feel like i dont make any cash...

K

dennis920

04-05-2010

i wonder if leviathan would work on taric.

peyo

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTVSUN View Post
Hello, does rilay work with taric? (ulti and shatter)
emm... Rylai works with damage spells and afaik Taric's ulti does no damage at all..