Amumu: Underplayed or Underpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weyen

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probingducky View Post
Is Amumu underplayed in the LoL community or is he just insanely underpowered that no one wants to play him?
A bit of both. He's good with a good team behind him, but he relies on teammates more than a lot of characters. As part of a well organized team he can do well, but in the average solo queue random game, there are other tanks and other support champs who can do better.

I hear he's relatively common in high level play, because he's not bad with an organized team behind him, but not so good that he gets banned all the time.

Arcostis

03-26-2010

When my roommates and I queue together with 3 sometimes we will pick Gang/Fiddle/Amumu to insure the win

FruityBananas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

If you're gonna play amumu, prepare to get alot of assists. Don't solo queue with him though, make sure you got decent teammates. Amumu can't carry worth balls, but with a coordinated team, his ult is an automatic team fight win.

Astax

03-26-2010

With the Alsitar nerfs I moved over to Amumu, and he is a pleasure to play. He initiates awesomely, and he can 1v1 and farm, both of which Alistar can dream about. I do take flash for failed bandage incidents

inept

03-26-2010

he's a tank that needs farming like nasus, the big difference being that nasus farms like a beast and amumu doesnt really have a reliable way to farm. So he ends up mainly being a 1 button wonder(ult) but if he does somehow get farmed hes quite strong

LeMazing

03-26-2010

Like everyone else has said: underplayed.

I've been playing him off and on over the past month, and he's by far my favorite tank to play (right above Rammus). Once some slight tweaks are made to his base stats, I'm sure he'll be played a bit more often. He's a good tank (haven't given AP builds a shot on him yet), but everyone knows Alistar is better.

I'm gonna agree with everyone who says he's near-useless in solo-queue to an extent. It's obviously pretty hit-or-miss as far as getting competent teammates, but the fact that the team has a reliable tank to work with makes up for that to an extent. I've even co-carried in a handful of games due to the fact that the other players couldn't take it. Though keep in mind this is at my average-level ELO.

Kyoko Sakura

03-26-2010

Underplayed, in premades he is pretty beast for a tank.

Im Too Beast4u

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Im gonna go with underplayed I guess. I don't see him much, but I main him 2.5 kd ratio and still goin higher.

My favorite character ! sure hes no dps carry, but if you want to win, call amumu up.

GG

Gatsumon

03-26-2010

underplayed defintly. I hate going against good Amumus alot more than other tanks, exceptions being a good Alistair or a good Sion.

Frödo Swaggins

03-27-2010

Amumu is one of those heroes that people consider underpowered because they are powerful in an uncommon environment. The common environment is the pub, solo queue. In this situation, amumu is pretty lackluster. He isn't an easymode tank like Allistar (he can't just go LOOK ATTACK THIS GUY! *grunt* HERE YOU GO, DINNERS SERVED!) But in a team fight situation he definitely can outshine even the stronger heroes based on team comp. Very little in the league can survive his tears of infinite sadness and the double ult (with fiddle usually) I would go as far to say that fiddle/amumu is on of the strongest pairings in the game, as far as team fight synergy goes.

tl;dr: Same as everyone else, needs team support - pretty crappy for solo queue, amazing in a good premade with teamchat.