Weekend Skin Sale: Freljord Ashe and Mercenary Katarina

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melain

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIalaric View Post
What a ****ing joke this is. Why don't you make Kat a playable hero first?

edit: actually I purchased the Merc Kat months ago, I still haven't recovered from this folly.
i totally agree kat is unplayable!

astronomy

03-27-2010

I used to think Kat was unplayable. Then I learned to play her, and she's actually a really fun champ. She may not be ridiculously good like Jax, but she's still a pretty solid champ. Her main disadvantages are the things all melee have going against them.

That said, definitely picking up the skin when they fix the store.

Midreian

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMarzelsheik View Post
Constructively asking, has anyone heard why the prices for these skins is still full price? I haven't been able to find any response to this question.
I kind of want to know too. I've opened and closed my client 3 times thinking that it was my client messing up but it isn't.

Omnisuqall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

Skins still the regular price and It's almost 1 pm where I'm at on Saturday. I think it qualifies for the weekend but the discount still isn't being applied.

kunpung

03-27-2010

when will we have janna's skin??

DonaldPotsmoker

03-27-2010

I still don't see the discount being applied.

Zepherone

03-27-2010

it's now saturaday 10:36am (gmt-8) skins are still on regular prices

Autobott

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlando View Post
they would? im sure someone told them if they had not made the revenue model they did they would have made more money. good thing they took a chance.

so you wont pay more than $1 for a skin, there are those that will, and those people will continue to generate enough revenue to allow you to play the game without a subscription fee.
I'm all for them making money, obviously it's why they made the game I just think they are being totally unreasonable on the skin pricing (I mean come on, you can buy some toons for less than spome skins). You say how else can they prevent a monthly recurring fee - I buy a lot of games that dont have a sub, and I'm already into LoL for that amount, for a lot less content! And don't get me wrong, I don't mind that I have spent $50 as I am having a great time!

I have to totally disagree on the amount of people paying $5 on skins though...I don't know who's paying $2 for ringtones, I mean sheesh - 80% of the apps on the iPhone are $.99 and a heckuvalot more wore work goes into making an entire game than changing some colors on an existing skin. Seriously, there is a reason why everything is $.99 on the iPhone - and it has to be that they move a lot more product vs. $5-10.

Yendoc

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPotsmoker View Post
I still don't see the discount being applied.
this, it's still 520RP

zindikasheen

03-27-2010

Just posting to say that the prices still havn't been adjusted. Fix it Riot and I'll buy them! Chopchop!