Weekend Skin Sale: Freljord Ashe and Mercenary Katarina

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telih

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfok View Post
why is ashe skin always on sales?
cause its so overpriced they cant get it sold loool

zero gor

03-27-2010

thanks ~~~~

Arlando

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauros View Post
Looks like they haven't changed the prices of the skins in the store yet. Both are at their original prices.

To above posters: I agree with ya'll, I just don't understand why skins have to be so expensive. I simply cannot afford to spend more than 500 riot points on ANY skin. So I'm always looking forward to sales.
because its their only source of guaranteed revenue?

skins are the only thing that cannot be purchased with influence points. simply put, if you dont want to spend money, you dont have to. be glad riot doesnt sell power to other players and that they allow you to buy champions and runes with influence points.

Arlando

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobott View Post
I've already invested $50 into a "free" game just to get most of the toons...the guys Riot are out of their mind if they think I'm gonna pay more than $1 for a skin. If nothing else they should be available using IP (free game, remember)!

I'm having a blast playing, but come on Riot - $50 for one map, and not even all of the characters??? Use your head on pricing, you'll make more money.
they would? im sure someone told them if they had not made the revenue model they did they would have made more money. good thing they took a chance.

so you wont pay more than $1 for a skin, there are those that will, and those people will continue to generate enough revenue to allow you to play the game without a subscription fee.

they shouldnt be available for ip (for-profit corporation remember?). personally i enjoy having this game around and i would like to see them continue to generate enough profits to not go under like others have.

sure they might get you to buy a skin if they dropped the price to $1, but theyd also have to sell 3x as many skins to make what they make now (thats if we are talking about mercenary katarina, frejlord ashe is a different figure entirely).

i find these days, people like you are in the minority. people walking around buying a $2 ringtone for their mobile phone are more than likely going to drop $3 on a skin for their favorite champion.

ZeusJones

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Pillager View Post
Can we get some official response to this? The Kat skin is showing in the store as 520 still... and I would like to take advantage of the sale but don't want to risk losing RP.
Both skins still show the regular price for me, anyone else still see the regular price?

Goatlust

03-27-2010

Gentlemen of Riot,

These 2 skins are both still showing at their usual prices. This is looking rather amateur at the moment boys. Frankly I expected a little more professionalism out of you lot.

EverÐream

03-27-2010

:|
i bought ashes skin on regular price a couple days ago
FML

Alaric11

03-27-2010

What a ****ing joke this is. Why don't you make Kat a playable hero first?

edit: actually I purchased the Merc Kat months ago, I still haven't recovered from this folly.

Ortus2

03-27-2010

a

DrMarzelsheik

03-27-2010

Constructively asking, has anyone heard why the prices for these skins is still full price? I haven't been able to find any response to this question.