The Monolith?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irongrinder

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWalla View Post
Just e-mail the Journal of Justice, "Hey, Malphite, can you share some stories of your homeworld with us? Very interested." Cha ching, there you go.
That sounds like a plan. Good thinking.

Delmegar

06-09-2011

(Hey so, Irongrinder, uh, where'd you go for that RP thread... pretty beat dude.)

Irongrinder

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmegar View Post
(Hey so, Irongrinder, uh, where'd you go for that RP thread... pretty beat dude.)
(Sorry, I probably should've let you know when I was going to leave that RP...things have gotten busy for me in recent days, and I was not able to attend. The fact that I didn't warn you guys of my impending absence shows what kind of an RP'er I am I guess At any rate, I won't be a part of the Void War for the time being. I wish you the best of luck in your efforts to preserve Valoran and all of Runeterra against the Voidspawn!)

BestScytherNA

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruahi View Post
just because the animals would kill each other for food doesnt mean there isnt harmony. look at our world. all creatures from their natural habitat found a harmony with the creatures around them. rabbits multiply at a fast rate but wolves keep the population down and also if the rabbit population falls so does the wolves as they can sustain the larger population. thats just one example. there is only one creature on this world that didnt find harmony and that was the humans (some races of humans did have harmony to name a few the first nations of north america before the europeans came over)
No, they killed each other in wars just like Europeans during the Middle Ages.

But they did have some harmony with nature what with using natural resources effeciently and not wasting the bounties of the land by paving it all over.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TsarBomb0 View Post
Uh, no it doesn't lol. Current cosmological theory holds that amount of matter in the universe is finite, but expanding in an accelerating fashion due to dark matter.

Think about it this way: If the universe were infinite, then every point in the night sky would have a star there.
Actually, the universe must be infinite in the direction of time. Neither a beginning nor an end can be reconciled under current physics. (For instance, the big bang theory presupposes a force capable of explosively destroying a black hole)

Also, dark energy, not matter, is the stated cause of accelerating expansion.

Irongrinder

06-13-2011

So what do you guys think the Monolith looks like? Does it have weather? If there isn't any weather, is there architecture? Does Malphite eat anything? Do the occupants of the Monolith eat anything? Are there multiple earthen races that occupy the Monolith, or do they all look like Malphite?

Stay tuned!

KBLOB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

I imagine that the Monolith follows some similar rules as other planets like Earth, albeit its core probably doesn't run the risk of going cold. On our planet the stones are gradually reworked towards the molten core and then pressed up to the surface as lava, or, they are eroded by weather and such to form sediment and whatnot.

On the Monolith if everything exists in perfect harmony, I'd expect you'd find a combination of rock and water without any real "biological" life outside of the rock people/animals. It could be that things from the Monolith are kind of like Transformers, but rock instead of robot.

If that was the case you'd have lots of different terrain types, especially given the chance to run across fictional materials. I think that there would be "feral" rock creatures that consumed one another and eventually "died" to be recycled, keeping the surface of the thing teeming with activity. There could of course be sapient entities like Malphite roaming around, but they'd kind of be like treants in that regard.

I guess kind of think like Avatar but all with rocks. I imagine any structures would be worked out of the raw resources available with an unprecedented skill, so you can look to fictional Dwarven architecture. Often there arches and stuff are worked out of the side of rock rather seemlessly with a simple but elegant style.