The Monolith?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

Senior Member

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel182 View Post
Everything under 1 ruler would be disharmonious. Its more likely theyre all completely equal
ok this you're going to have to explain cause you're basically wrong...


everything under 1 ruler would be perfectly harmonious. everyone is under 1 ultimate plan achieving 1 goal. the only reason fascism doesnt work is because human nature dictates that eventually that 1 ruler will become a corrupt a**hole


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
if the monolith is the essence of all creation, then there r no other creatures besides the rocky ones like malphite. they all work in perfect harmony with all rocky creatures working as a collective superorganism or hive.




edit:

theres an interestingly ambiguous sentence right after the 1 i mentioned above that caught me off guard.


now y would they need an enforcer if everyone was in perfect harmony with the entire monolith planet? wouldnt that rule be obsolete in a perfectly harmonius world? methinks all is not as well as it seems
I saw the first portion and was going to post, but the second part of that got to it.

If a single Monolith Shard has created singular beings of itself, it wouldn't surprise me if these beings had thoughts of their own. Originally it would be under the process to serve each other and keep life wonderful (Though i can't imagine what a bunch of walking rocks DO on a daily basis), but every so often one of the shards might go rogue and try to go rogue and cause chaos or something...not sure. There is no perfect order.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delmegar

Senior Member

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
I saw the first portion and was going to post, but the second part of that got to it.

If a single Monolith Shard has created singular beings of itself, it wouldn't surprise me if these beings had thoughts of their own. Originally it would be under the process to serve each other and keep life wonderful (Though i can't imagine what a bunch of walking rocks DO on a daily basis), but every so often one of the shards might go rogue and try to go rogue and cause chaos or something...not sure. There is no perfect order.
I disagree completely. Their is no prefect harmony/order among humans. We as a race are destructive, distrustful, arrogant, prideful. The list goes on and on why WE can not be a race of perfect bliss.

But we know nothing of the Monolith, how it works and what the planet is like. His race or others shards may very well be capable of not acting on pure emotions that lead to destruction and disorder.

And also, what makes you say that everything under one ruler or one god, whatever you wish to call it makes it not harmony? That makes no sense. As someone said before me - it doesn't make that one person a tyrant, or different. Everyone on his planet must care about the same things because he was happy before he came here. And then he figured out that he could spread his perfect harmony by bashing in our tiny skulls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

Senior Member

06-06-2011

the 1 ruler theory is simply based off the 1 quote from malph's lore that states

Quote:
The rocky beings that live there know their place and work to fulfill their duties to the fullest extent, functioning almost as a superorganism or hive.
i didnt really put much thought into it outside of that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weasel182

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
ok this you're going to have to explain cause you're basically wrong...


everything under 1 ruler would be perfectly harmonious. everyone is under 1 ultimate plan achieving 1 goal. the only reason fascism doesnt work is because human nature dictates that eventually that 1 ruler will become a corrupt a**hole
Well it really depends on your definiton of harmony i guess. The way i see it:
Everything under 1 ruler would be disharmonius, because the one ruler would have more power than the others. The definition of harmony is "perfect balance in everything" and one having more than the others would upset the balance. It has nothing to do with corruption and "power hungriness".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KBLOB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-07-2011

Harmony is a state of ease that is free of dissent or unrest.

A harmonious ant hill, for example, still operates with its queen and workers. They have different responsibilities and degrees of importance, and to that end "power". It doesn't mean that the ant hill lacks harmony or anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

Senior Member

06-07-2011

i agree with KBLOB. harmony is simply when everyone works together. when under 1 ruler, its easier to delegate tasks.

think of a group project 1 might have in school. sure u could all share the lead and figure everything out but when 1 person takes the reigns and delegates tasks in a way that makes everyone happy, its much easier.

i do agree that both would work but the description of a superorganism/hive and the fact that they are all a shard of the "monolith", meaning they're all a piece of the 1 collective whole leads me to believe that its much more likely that theres 1 thing leading it.

for the fans of starship troopers, think of the entire civilization as the bugs and the ruler as the brain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingWalla

Senior Member

06-07-2011

Just e-mail the Journal of Justice, "Hey, Malphite, can you share some stories of your homeworld with us? Very interested." Cha ching, there you go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poftata

Member

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
now y would they need an enforcer if everyone was in perfect harmony with the entire monolith planet? wouldnt that rule be obsolete in a perfectly harmonius world? methinks all is not as well as it seems
Seems to me like he wants to enforce their ideas on other worlds, such as Runeterra, not in his home world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruahi

Senior Member

06-08-2011

im gonna share two quotes that while one works with this the other is just for fun try to figure out which one.
ps:the first quote isnt word for word
pps:second one mainly for movie reference

1. while all are equal it seems that some are more equal than others.

2. Get your stinking paws of me you dam dirty ape
edit:apparently d.a.m.n is blocked by the filter


123