The Monolith?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irongrinder

06-05-2011

I would personally like to see more information and/or released about/from the Monolith.

For the uneducated, the Monolith is Malphite's hometown. All we know about it is that it is a world of perfect harmony and order. I, for one, would like to see what it looks like. I'd also like to see what other types of creatures live there, or if they all look like Malphite.

@Riot: Will there be any more information released about the Monolith? Or was it just a part of Malphite's backstory, and will not be expanded upon?

larkhill

06-05-2011

very rarely do we get a look at the homeworlds of a champ so dont hole your breath on this one

a world of perfect harmony and order has no violence. we can assume there r no real animals at all as that would involve predator/prey and killing isnt exactly harmonious. he also doesnt seem to like magic, so that rules that out as well.

id liked the monolith to an ant colony or a bee hive. they all work and sing in perfect harmony under 1 ruler. no war, no violence, no discontent.

Ruahi

06-05-2011

just because the animals would kill each other for food doesnt mean there isnt harmony. look at our world. all creatures from their natural habitat found a harmony with the creatures around them. rabbits multiply at a fast rate but wolves keep the population down and also if the rabbit population falls so does the wolves as they can sustain the larger population. thats just one example. there is only one creature on this world that didnt find harmony and that was the humans (some races of humans did have harmony to name a few the first nations of north america before the europeans came over)

Heliostorm

06-05-2011

Maybe the Monolith is just a giant sentient rock. That occasionally spawns smaller sentient rocks.

larkhill

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginning of malphites lore
There is a world of perfect harmony, where all are part of the whole. The Monolith is the essence of all creation, and its denizens are but singular pieces of it. It is beautiful in its symmetry, and in its almost complete lack of uncertainty. The rocky beings that live there know their place and work to fulfill their duties to the fullest extent, functioning almost as a superorganism or hive.

if the monolith is the essence of all creation, then there r no other creatures besides the rocky ones like malphite. they all work in perfect harmony with all rocky creatures working as a collective superorganism or hive.

edit:

theres an interestingly ambiguous sentence right after the 1 i mentioned above that caught me off guard.
Quote:
Malphite has always strived to live up to his full potential, as his own personal part of the whole, serving the role of a distinguished creature questing to enforce his people's flawless vision of order.
now y would they need an enforcer if everyone was in perfect harmony with the entire monolith planet? wouldnt that rule be obsolete in a perfectly harmonius world? methinks all is not as well as it seems

Irongrinder

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
very rarely do we get a look at the homeworlds of a champ so dont hole your breath on this one

a world of perfect harmony and order has no violence. we can assume there r no real animals at all as that would involve predator/prey and killing isnt exactly harmonious. he also doesnt seem to like magic, so that rules that out as well.

id liked the monolith to an ant colony or a bee hive. they all work and sing in perfect harmony under 1 ruler. no war, no violence, no discontent.
The big bang theory holds that the universe is infinite while infinitely expanding.

As a result, the impossible happens an infinite number of times.

I won't hold my breath, but I'll keep hoping instead.

Heliostorm

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irongrinder View Post
The big bang theory holds that the universe is infinite while infinitely expanding.

As a result, the impossible happens an infinite number of times.

I won't hold my breath, but I'll keep hoping instead.
Uh, no it doesn't lol. Current cosmological theory holds that amount of matter in the universe is finite, but expanding in an accelerating fashion due to dark matter.

Think about it this way: If the universe were infinite, then every point in the night sky would have a star there.

larkhill

06-05-2011

i believe what he was trying to say was "anything's possible".

as for which theory is right, u cant really say. they're both theories with both positives and negatives. both have their flaws. saying "current cosmological theory" is a VERY biased way of thinking. current by who's standards? ask a pastafaria (they do actually exist... ive met some, and they're as crazy as u think they would be)... their "current cosmological theory" is quite a bit different than yours. there are well respected scientists backing many different theories.

one theory states that there are an infinite number of universes/dimensions and thus an infinite number of possibilities and outcomes for each decision. somewhere out there is a universe where riot gives us all the lore the for monolith (somewhere out there the monolith actually exists )

the big bang is as much a flawed theory as any other. dont go claiming it to be the anything more

Weasel182

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post

Everything under 1 ruler would be disharmonious. Its more likely theyre all completely equal

KBLOB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2011

It's more like they're all rocks and rocks aren't very uppity.

Malphite just exists in case someone comes by to move the rocks around, and because he's different he's all happy about himself. Na na na na na na I got arms and yoooou don't!