Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter to Shen+Soraka?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edyll

03-26-2010

Any effective way EARLY game to counter shen+soraka?

I'm talking levels 3-7, before I can purchase an exec's but while shen can attack tower, spam shield and be constantly healed even while under attack by two champions without dieing.

We simply lost turrets because Shen could soak up our damage with Soraka's healing. Without any healing reduction on our team, there was very little we could do.

Any advice?

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-26-2010

stop trying to go for kills and just hold your lane and you will do fine.

harassing them will not put them in danger of dying but it will prevent them from pushing so agressively.

honestly against a competant soraka + man, i dont know why anybody even bothers trying to go for a kill.

EasymodeX

03-26-2010

Quote:
Any advice?

Don't try to kill them unless you can trade off substantial amounts of their HP for little of your resources.

Just focus on farming creeps, keeping them off your tower, and harassing them when you can get free hits in.

If you have a lane combo that can put pressure on them greater than their heal capability, then feel free to hard harass them, but take care not to give up your own hp.

In order to pull off a kill, you need megaburst. This can be accomplished by wearing them down (if you have strong harassers), or doing something fun like Blitzcrank grabbing them into tower range.

Lastly, have teammates gank them. 4v2 means they'll be dying, unless the 4 are bad.

MrTheZebra

03-26-2010

I'm gonna go ahead and put in I would LOVE this lane 2v1 as AP Sion.

Edyll

03-26-2010

Quote:
Disaster:
stop trying to go for kills and just hold your lane and you will do fine.

Kills aren't the issue - holding the lane is.

The problem is Shen ignores us and attacks the turret every chance he gets, because even under our dps we can't drive him away.

So far the best solution I found is to put as much hurt on the creeps as possible, usually by level 7 or so we can kill creeps fast enough to keep them off our turret, but last time that wasn't fast enough to save the first.

Zeero

Recruiter

03-26-2010

Play as Mordekaiser. He tends to do well vs. shen and can wipe out the creeps easily which will keep your tower safe.

Peachtree

03-26-2010

I play with soraka and lane with alistar and just focus on having strong early pushes. I think about the same situation as soraka shen, maybe even stronger against turrets at those levels.

Alot of what people have be saying is right: unless you have some good nukers, stick to your close to your turret so they can't wear you two down. Also like they said, kill minions-not the players, they can't push without the minions and any champion that can own minions (sivir, mord, morgana, annie, hemier, soraka, anything with splash) will just make it impossible for them to stay on your tower. Hopefully they will over extend into the tower for you to take advantage of it. If necessary, switch someone out for a good farmer to stop them.

Yeah, so pretty much play strong defense and kill minions (and don't let them get golem ::shivers:.

inept

03-26-2010

tristana has a spammable healing reduction spell, ive been playing her lately to combat all this healing until its nerfed. been doing well

TSP Cinnabar

03-26-2010

Quote:
Zeero:
Play as Mordekaiser. He tends to do well vs. shen and can wipe out the creeps easily which will keep your tower safe.

That's great in hind sight. Too bad MM is blind pick.