Gamespy interviews Tom Zileas Cadwell

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxHound

03-27-2010

Snowball items for supports are gonna increase there effectiveness when assists are added for non damaging spells.

King Gainer

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstriker View Post
yeah. Like, the idea is the same, so you're kinda right, but the order of magnitude is far off. Like tom said, Dota carries would be terrible early game, or at least VERY weak, but would become strong late game and then be able to, if farmed enough, borderline single handedly wipe out the other team. That... is much more unlikely... in LoL (Twitch is probably one of the few who can, without team support).
Even then, the cheeky ******* needs to get a good drop on your team. Anyone who can pull themselves fast enough to stun/Exhaust him will put an end to it.

OniKedamono

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Fork View Post
"I have always been pretty good with Jax, for some reason."

Because he is freaking OP, that's why!!!!! ;D
Except he wasn't ~2+ months ago. He was almost bottom tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrra3 View Post
That would be SO cool. I'm gonna go to page 2 now ...
*15 minutes later* New developments sound cool. In terms of differing game times, what if there was eventually a sort of fortress-type map with ultra-powerful defenses that took ages to get through, for a sort of deathmatch type game session? Just occurred to me as I read stuff...
I've always kind of wanted to have an Enfo's-style map. I think that'd be great. Just slaughtering thousands of creeps until you failed. It was a somewhat mindless map, sure.... but I loved it.

da 2nd amendment

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

"We're OK with some champions being underpowered at the top tier, if it's necessary to keep them from making our average user miserable. We want to make sure the top tier has an interesting metagame, and we occasionally do things specifically for them, but we do that while keeping the middle group of players in mind. If they're unhappy, they're going to quit the game, and they need to have fun too. So we try to keep everybody happy... which potentially means that champions at the top tier will be underpowered and stay underpowered, even though that's not our preference." - Tom Cadwell

BAM

KewPuhh

03-27-2010

I was so happy when I read the Katarina part.
*puts hands together and starts to pray*

BlueBuddha

03-28-2010

Nice interview Tom, keep up the good work.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

Good interview Tom. It was a good read and was good to see what kind of things you guys are doing at the office. Keep up the good work!

Guardfather

03-29-2010

The comments about adding rune book and mastery pages is encouraging. That's one of my biggest gripes right now.