I need help with Nunu build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Sky

03-26-2010

I'm a new player, been playin a few days and i'm really gettin into Nunu. I don't plan on spending money on this game so i'll just be earning points from matches to buy champs (meaning i don't have acess to lot of other champs so changing is not an option). I'm pretty good i guess, lvl 10 so far, like i said, only a couple days. But i seem to find it hard to start good in early game with him. Towards mid game i'm good but in the start i get owned alot. I need help with an item build early on. I've looked at some guides and tips but not many seem to work well. I've recently looked on a guide and found that many ppl say i could jungle to get exp and then gank champs. Should i jungle, solo a lane, double up on a lane? What items should i use early on?

Spazzallo

Commander Sky

03-26-2010

i need opinions, not a full guide. i just wanna know what items would be best. plus i've seen those guides before....

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Rod of Ages is excellent on him. I usually start with a sapphire crystal rushing to catalyst, picking up boots along the way, depending on how I am doing. Then I finish up RoA and go towards Treads, usually. After that, it's situational.

xSJx

03-26-2010

Get two dorans rings, normal boots, catalyst, upgrade your boots, then finish banshees. Banshees is the single most important item on Nunu, you need it to get your ult off vs decent players. Then frozen heart probably but after banshees you can get whatever. For summoner spells I always take smite, combined with consume he will always be able to farm alright. I like ghost for my 2nd spell but I'm no expert .

CosMoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

I completely agree with xSJx's item suggestions, considering that you don't have a lot of masteries and Runes yet. Get 1 point into each skill ASAP, then spend you skillpoints on what you want to do:
Consume if you're jungling a lot, Ice Blast if you're ganking a lot, Blood Boil if you lane with a (ranged) DPS.

You won't get much gold as Nunu (except you somehow manage to kill a lot of enemies) so I'd suggest looking at cheaper items like Haunting Guise (maybe instead of the second Doran's Ring) or Leviathan (which now gives you 2 stacks = 64 health per assist or kill).

For Runes I recommend Magic Penetration Marks, AP per level or Static Cooldown Glyphs, Dodge or Manaregeneration per level Seals.

Krusher114

03-26-2010

Now, I'm not an expert by any means, but I've played a bit of Nunu recently, and tried out a few different sort of builds. First off, if your team just needs a straight-up tank, you can start building that way(aka health stuff, generally I just grab a ruby crystal off the bat). Or, my personal preference is to go more of an AP route. For the AP, I like to start off with a Doran's ring, which gives you a good chunk of health, a start for your AP, and some mana regen. Now, when you actually get into it, you should be using your passive as soon as it's ready to get those free spells off, but having a little mana regen also allows you to take those extra harassing shots more often with Ice Blast(which is seriously like your most important spell ever--get it first, and upgrade it every time you can, then upgrading consume or blood boil depending on the circumstances).

Anyways, however you're building, a Banshee's Veil is your single most important item(which is why I like the ruby crystal to start-gives you a head start working on this). Without a Banshee's, you'll almost never get your ult off. And when you are thinking about ulting, try to do it from the bushes if at all possible. B/c if you're in the bushes, they don't see the radius forming, and you have a MUCH higher chance of actually hitting somebody. Lure them into chasing you, hit the bushes, hit your ult, then Ice Blast their face.

Other than that, pretty much just use your free spells to either heal via consume, or harass vie Ice Blast, and if you're not scared of dying sometimes, go ahead and tower dive for those kills. Most of the time, you can run in, Ice Blast to kill a guy, then consume a minion on the way out, and not really net any damage at all.