A counter for map control.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
BTW I pinged Zileas and he said it was interesting, but they are actually more concerned about *overuse* of wards at high levels of play so they were unlikely to make it more visible.

I told him I wished my ELO had that problem. :P

Anyways, I think the original point is valid, wards and map control are important and something we should educate players about. I'll keep it in mind if for the future if we revisit things like battle training.
That doesn't make logical sense. A statistic like ward use would only help people who DON'T understand the value of it. When a top tier, high Elo player is using wards, they already know the value and don't need it to be restated. Having a stat measuring this isn't going to make people who already use wards use them more, it is just going to help people who DON'T use them consider buying them.

cztanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

this is really cool.

a number shown on the stats screen for both teams for wards bought, as well as the little percentage of map revealed real-time in-game stat would definitely increase the number of wards bought per game.

Daniellynet

06-29-2011

Would be pretty nice to have.

Mufasa02

06-29-2011

I could be flamed for this but:

What if someone who is killed near a ward, in a place where the ward is the only non-hero entity around, the ward placer got an assist?

Drayvar

07-01-2011

Actually i think that having a % map control stat is effective in both high elo and low elo games.

For low elo games, people will actually start seeing how having higher % control = more games won.

Where as for high elo games, greater % map control might mean less games won, or no difference. A waste of money.

Meaning there should be a magic bracket of % control that will actually affect the game.

Mister Burkes

07-01-2011

I like this idea

TwiStediNtenT

07-14-2011

very good idea.. hey riot, wink wink.