Stacking Dorans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vame Jantt

06-05-2011

Is it a smart thing to do? I was in a game where a Vayne and Ashe each had 3 Doran's Blades (they were on my team so woohoo) and were completely dominating. Is this a good strategy to use on a frequent basis, or even as a core starting build? Does it work for casters as well?

TooStronkadonk

06-05-2011

gives you more early game power if you need it.

Nigour

06-05-2011

I haven't tried doing that, but I don't recommend it.

KyranX

06-05-2011

um....... no

This should never be a core.

I only do this after my first trip back and I have extra cash lying around after I got my core item, enough to get me a Dorans but not enough for anything else. And then my next trip back also. So basically I start with a Dorans and then if and only if I have extra cash left after getting my core items from the first two trips. I never get more than three Dorans, thats like my rule of thumb.

Vame Jantt

06-05-2011

Does anyone know how much they resell for?

KyranX

06-05-2011

Vame Jantt

06-05-2011

Oh ok. Then you have to make at least 1 kill for a Doran's to be worth it.

Larson McMurphy

06-05-2011

There are several high elo guides from solomid that recommend this sort of thing. Mostly for swords, but occasionally doran's rings as well. The reason it works is that it gives you a huge mid-game advantage, because you're essentially getting the health for free and paying for the other stats at cost.

Free stats = more stats per gold farmed = dominance.

If you use that dominance to secure kills or towers, then the gold you lose when selling them back isn't lost. Also, you may win before you use up all your slots and have to sell them. Its a great strategy. Do it as often as you like.

Sydlanel

06-05-2011

well as teemo I get at least 2 if I have the cash, they help a lot with farming, and lane superiority. I do sell them once the game has progressed of course. But i've found that the extra damage, lifesteel and hp they bring is worth it big time.