Blue vs Purple map view is unbalanced due to perspective of camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infernostrider

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1nt3rMut3 View Post
we have a mini map for a reason. and most professional players actually prefer the purple side. also if you auto lock less and have better map awareness then argument is less valid.
i've been preferring purple since pretty much before i even made level 10. im not entirely sure why, maybe its the feel, maybe i like being the bad guys (the purple minions look more evil, by far), or maybe it does give me some advantage over the other team.

either way, i do believe my most successful matches were playing purple

RHINORipUaNew1

07-18-2011

it really pisses me off that lol is one of the funnest moba out there with less helpful fetures then the other like others i have being purple team cause i cant rotate the map when i play purple and it even worse for me cause i am a big kog 'maw fan and with map center i dont really get the full use of his ult it not all the bad on blue side but purple it very hard ( i feel bad for doing thise but i have dodge q a few time to get blue side over purple i just wish they would let you zoom out a bit more maybe and rotate the map a lot of newer moba are letting you do that and i think it would greatly improve game play for some player like me

camuu

07-18-2011

i just posted this in another thread but this would be a solution:

what I think is that you should always be blue team, and that your enemy is always purple
the only difference would be that baron and dragon would be switched for one of the teams
its a bit strange to explain, but what i mean is that you will always see the enemy team in the upper left (purple) corner, and that from the enemies perspective they see YOU as the purple team in the upper left corner

edit: for people who actually prefer playing purple, maybe this should just be an optional thing under settings

Sexy Glaceon

07-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by camuu View Post
i just posted this in another thread but this would be a solution:

what I think is that you should always be blue team, and that your enemy is always purple
the only difference would be that baron and dragon would be switched for one of the teams
its a bit strange to explain, but what i mean is that you will always see the enemy team in the upper left (purple) corner, and that from the enemies perspective they see YOU as the purple team in the upper left corner

edit: for people who actually prefer playing purple, maybe this should just be an optional thing under settings
You have to remember there will be more maps in the future, and i think having every new map symmetrical would be pretty bland and boring. Summoner's rift isn't going to be the only 5v5 map forever.

I don't understand you people. It's fine on either side, just move your mouse around to use the camera, it's not difficult at all.

jwickage

07-18-2011

I could've sworn there was an option to flip the map in the menu. Maybe I misremember. Server troubles right now, so I can't check.

Gherontius

07-20-2011

someone started a new thread on this (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=990081), but there are some valuable opinions here so consider this a bump...

Khaleesi Jahak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-25-2011

bump