Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue vs Purple map view is unbalanced due to perspective of camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sex haver

06-14-2011

ye -.- \m/

Drizzlefrizzle

06-15-2011

they should just make it so we can either switch the camera around so we think we are on bot (an option) OR re write the code to put you always on bottom and the enemy always gets displayed on top. It wouldn't change the game play, except to put everyone on an even field

i think some of this is conditioning though. Pokemon? always on the bottom left. Other RTS games? Generally on the bottom (Left or Right). One of my favorite features about C&C 3 is that, if I'm in a multiplayer, and i get thrown top, i can swing my camera around to have everything above me on the screen.

RoyalBlue

Recruiter

06-15-2011

I suggested swapping the top and bottom sections of the Hud, this would be strange at first and possibly just as hated because of the above point that so many games have all the information at the bottom of the screen.

BinaryAznMon

06-16-2011

irrelevant, if ur not good enough to simply swipe ur mouse to the bottom of the screen....

personnally i think i win more games on purple than blue, and i never use space bar in a fite, i keep my whole screen on the fight and adjust as neccesary

bobofred

06-17-2011

Everytime a game is about to start, i hope to be on blue side. iHATE purple, i lose so much more on purple.

TonyTheSlayer

06-17-2011

Quote:
Drizzlefrizzle:
they should just make it so we can either switch the camera around so we think we are on bot (an option) OR re write the code to put you always on bottom and the enemy always gets displayed on top. It wouldn't change the game play, except to put everyone on an even field

The problem with rewriting the code so that you are always on the bottom collides with the map symmetry and locations of objects. If the map itself were inverted, then the 2 versions (the original and the new inverted one) would be entirely different. Allowing players to simply rotate the camera with the arrow keys or use a key like F12 that is out of the way and won't be accidentally pressed to use a "Rotate Camera 180 degrees" function should work just perfectly. I really don't see the need for these HUD inversions from top to bottom as it could change the look and feel of the game just as we are now with the camera angles - back at square one (but, you could do the same thing - a key that when pressed toggles the HUD display at the bottom or top; not really necessary though). It's really just easier to mess with the camera angle itself. It probably wouldn't take much code either, since the camera is already aligned at a specified rotation; all that's needed to do is rotate the yaw 180 degrees.

Sterk

06-17-2011

the enemy's gate is down

Seanner

06-17-2011

(Sarcasm..) I love top lane purple as someone like Renekton...low health enemy...slice, stun! Kill! Oh there's a tower there! I'm dead!

Puggels

06-17-2011

Quote:
The Jawman:
Even as someone who plays without the camera locked it does make a noticeable difference being on top rather than bottom.

I honestly think that the easiest way to fix this would be to give both teams the perspective of being on bottom. Because the game is rendered in 3D you can draw the camera to the other side of the char.

Kelley

06-17-2011

all you have to do is slightly move your mouse down and you have a full view of the battlefield, not that big of a deal...