Can some one explain Orianna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nouhime

06-04-2011

I understand the game lol, so you don't gotta go into super great detail. but when I play her I don't do bad, but I don't do good...it feels bland, like I can harass till I'm blue in the face, but it never feels like enough so I wonder what I'm missing cus I've seen a few beastly Oriannas out there... soo I'm wondering if I'm just missing some thing.

so would a Pro Orianna player give me a run down please!

infinite azure

06-05-2011

Uh, I've solved this problem by stacking mad AP, and then using that to burst. People who build tanky Orianna need to use their tankiness by autoattacking more since it affords them the ability to be closer and autoattack.

Yet, since in and of herself she's a relatively safe character (See: Lux) it's OK to stack glass cannon and with some good teamwork and positioning protect your friends and yourself with speed boosts and shields.

She has tons of utility and low CDs which is why her ratios may seem underwhelming, she's basically the ezreal of casters, you hit people constantly to win.

Also save the ult till you have the perfect timing and positioning of the ball since it's EXTREMELY valuable. I got my friend playing MF a quadra kill through a small adjustment Q and then R to keep all 4 enemies in his ult.

beYAWNce Stoles

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
Uh, I've solved this problem by stacking mad AP, and then using that to burst. People who build tanky Orianna need to use their tankiness by autoattacking more since it affords them the ability to be closer and autoattack.

Yet, since in and of herself she's a relatively safe character (See: Lux) it's OK to stack glass cannon and with some good teamwork and positioning protect your friends and yourself with speed boosts and shields.

She has tons of utility and low CDs which is why her ratios may seem underwhelming, she's basically the ezreal of casters, you hit people constantly to win.

Also save the ult till you have the perfect timing and positioning of the ball since it's EXTREMELY valuable. I got my friend playing MF a quadra kill through a small adjustment Q and then R to keep all 4 enemies in his ult.
Can't do her full glass cannon, but I'm glad someone else realizes how she is played. I said she was a more offensive kharma without the heal. That massive amt of CC/utility she can produce is what makes her so powerful.

Emeraldw

06-05-2011

Ever since I saw Orianna, I thought about Annie. Orianna+Annie is just cruel. From there add more AOE as you please but those 2 alone will win team fights with just AOE bringing people low.

Aristonikos

06-05-2011

I found what orianna brings to the table as a caster is range and the ability to explore the fog of war and check bushes safely.

2 or 3 times late game my instinct told me the other team were planning an ambush at the mid lane bush. I position myself with orianna on the safe side of the ledge and send my orb in the bush, to reveal 4 champs there. Whats nice is i could IMMIDIATLY nuke all of the champs thru Q-R-W combo, leaving the squishies under half health. After that the teamfigth was already won.

Orianna isnt a consistant nuker, she is most of the time a support champ that gets her ball close to the enemy by giving it to your beefy melee teamates. But when the rigth situation arises, she can deal a lot of AoE dmg. You need rabbadons cap tho.

I also found her huge range made it safe to build mejais most of the time. I play safe with her, stay behind walls and let my ball do the work, W myself to get a free ghost and run away when i need. I never died more then twice with her.

beYAWNce Stoles

06-05-2011

What's fun is putting ur ball on malphite and letting him ult, then you ult + W....just lulz

Pandhousen

06-05-2011

You need to get used to her, at first I really sucked, but then I ended up dying just 1 or 3 times. I almost never make use of her passive, so its harder to get kills but you get a lot of assists and ...you stay alive!!

I was thinking about sticking the ball to nunu/kat/fiddle and ulting to make their team really suffer their ults. Never actually did it, but it sounds good

You can also E some ally in trouble and W to get him out safely.

I get RoA , Ionian boots, Rabadons, Zonias, and then maybe Void or GA depending on the game. Never actually got longer than that.

I´m thinking about trying Guinsoo´s on her too, it actually gives like 90 AP with the 8 stacks. And allows you to use the passive efficiently. only tried it on bots though.