Help Choosing Character!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RideMyKangaroo

04-24-2011

Hey guys,

So I have been playing LoL for a few weeks now and have just begun to save up some IP for a new character, and was wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction with my selection. I already have Le Blanc, Kassadin, Ashe, and Viegar and love their playstyles. From the past few free character cycles I also enjoy playing Miss Fortune. Some of the characters that really seem cool to me that I might buy are Teemo, Twitch, or Katarina. Just as a note I am a little hesitant about getting Twitch because I keep reading that he is broken and not viable anymore, is this actually true? Anyways, I hope someone can comment on the list of possible characters I gave, or suggest some others based on the characters I already enjoy.

Thanks so much in advanced!

fearmysoul

04-24-2011

kat kills me alot when im on brand that is all. teemo is awsome

xStrongLikeBullx

04-24-2011

id say nunu, so you at least have a tank in your lineup of champs, hes cheap, and you can always build him AP for some great dmg, since you seem to like AP castors. you can also jungle with him, if you ever decide that would be something to try.

Kalshazzak

04-24-2011

yea twitch got over nerfed a while ago. He can be good if you're great on him and against mediocre people, but otherwise twitch is barely mediocre.

Kat/Teemo are pretty decent champs in the right hands. Kat is a bit team dependent for countering teams with more than 2 hard interrupts.

Dane Dread

04-24-2011

I would look to expand the roles you play. You have mages and an AD carry. You might want to look into some tanks, support or junglers. These are really important roles as you get into more competitive games. Get good at them in your early games and you can have a substantial effect on your teams chance to win. It really helps your understanding of the game if you can play a variety of roles.

Hedgemonster

04-24-2011

I'd also suggest a tank. Being able to fill all of the roles needed (generally AP, AD DPS, tank, jungler) is a great skill, and can really help your team win games.

As far as tanks go, Shen is great in lane and can also jungle, whereas amumu and rammus aren't as strong in lane but are exceptional junglers. Alistar is getting remade in this next patch so he might be a viable laner again as well. Finally, less pure tanks aren't bad choices either - I'm a big fan of malphite, and I've seen maokai do a lot of good work as well.

Your best option is to look through all the tank champions either on the main site or on a wiki, and just see who sounds fun. pick one, read some guides, and dive in.

Good luck and have fun!

Always Worth It

04-24-2011

Vlad's a favorite of mine, and based on the casters you like he could end up being one of yours too because he's really sustainable in any lane and he can have a huge impact on teamfights too.

I don't like kat so much because any short cooldown cc ability completely nullifies her ult.
Teemo's a fun champ, he can be build pretty flexibly and shroom nukes are always fun >
Twitch : I love Twitch. Most people don't play a very effective Twitch and he has been nerfed pretty hard, but if you know how to play him well you can get fed and just shred everyone - even with oracles. It doesn't look like you've played much of any stealth champ, though, so I'd steer clear of buying him for so much IP (6300).