[Character Suggestion] Thorn, the Weaver of Shadows

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Athaegeon

03-26-2010

Disclaimer: Riot Games has full permission to use any and all resources provided in this thread for the purpose of this character should they deem it fit. Credit for the concept of the character and aforementioned resources when/if used must be given to the provider, Shinichiirou.

Thorn, the Weaver of Shadows

Lore:

The streets of Noxus have given birth to many a perverse individual. Within the dread city-state, a particular individual took a keen interest in darkness that permeates the very stones of the region. At a very young age, Thorn began to learn the dark arts from a sorcerer who made the underbelly of Noxus his home. It was here that Thorn realized the true potential of a force so universal, it is unavoidable. A resource for his magic that he would never be in short supply of: Shadows. Learning to manipulate and command the shadows of others for his needs, Thorn made an easy living off of assassination and robbery. Easily slipping into the nearest shadow, it was impossible for him to be caught.

However; Thorn soon grew bored of simple criminal antics. They proved no challenge, nor did they test his hard-earned skill with shadow manipulation. There was a call to arms in Valoran, where supposedly the mightiest Champions in creation would gather to wage the ultimate war. With the promise of challenge and a chance to prove his superiority over his fellow shaper of darkness Veigar, Thorn has joined the League, and will lend his power only to those he finds worthy of him.

"There are three things in life that cannot be escaped. Death, your shadow, and him."

Appearance: [A full color picture to come eventually]

Thorn wears dark attire that blends with his medium, shadows. a black sleeveless coat with an elevated collar, bottoms of the coat draping around his lower body. Black vambraces on his forearms strapped tightly by a series of interwoven belts. White hair that falls medium length around his head, crimson eyes gazing out behind his bangs. Two long, tear-like tattoos with two triangular shapes on either side come down from the edge of each eye, running down to his cheek before breaking off into two. A curved, wicked blade of pitch black matter held in a firm, skilled grasp. Black pants and dark belted boots complete his shady guise.

While his R ability is active, Thorn's body is shrouded in darkness, making him appear to be a human-shaped being of shadow, giving off a smoky black miasma from his body. His body becomes completely black, his eyes shine a brilliant red.

Skins:

Phantom Thorn: Thorn in a black suit and cape with a partial white mask.

Ninja Thorn: Thorn in black shinobi hakama, a sleeveless black top, straw sandals and black tabi, a black shroud over his lower face.

Stats

X Health 470 (+70 / per level)
X Mana 220 (+32 / per level)
X Move Speed 315
X Armor 14.5 (+4 / per level)
X Spell Block 30 (+1.2 / per level)
X Critical Strike 3.25 (+0.5 / per level)
X Health Regen 1.22 (+0.10 / per level)
X Mana Regen 0.8 (+0.07 / per level)

Abilities

Blade of Midnight - Converts 5/10/15% of Thorn's Ability Power into Attack Damage

Q - Knife in the Dark - Thorn forms a dagger within a nearby opponent's shadow and stabs them in the back, dealing damage and taunting them.

Thorn creates a dagger in his opponent's shadow and stabs them in the back, dealing 50/70/90/120/150 (+1) magic damage to the target and taunting them for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.

Cooldown: 30/30/30/30/30 seconds
Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana
Range: 500

W - Shadow Step - Thorn hides in a nearby unit's shadow, stealthing himself for a time while he remains within range of them.

Thorn hides in himself in his target's shadow, stealthing himself for 20/25/30/35/40 seconds while within range of them.

Cooldown: 15/15/15/15/15 seconds
Cost: 55/55/55/55/55 Mana
Range: 550

E - Black Chains - Calls chains of dark energy to rise from the target's shadow, snaring them and dealing damage.

Thorn summons chains to lift from the target's shadow, snaring them for 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds and dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+0.6) magic damage over the course of the attack.

Cooldown: 55/50/45/40/35 seconds
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Range: 400

R - Darkness Incarnate - Thorn becomes a being of pure darkness, granting him attack and movement speed bonuses as well as the ability to pass through units. Shadow Step can also be activated without selecting a target in this form.

While active, Thorn gains 10/15/20% increased movement and attack speed, and may pass through units. Shadow Step also becomes Global while this skill is active.

Cooldown: --
Cost: 10/15/20 Mana per second
Range: Self

Recommended Build:

Meki Pendant
Sorcerer's Shoes
Spirit Visage
Archangel's Staff
Banshee's Veil
Zhonya's Ring

Tips for playing as:

- Shadow Step can be used on ally and enemy champions, minions, and turrets. Using it on neutral monsters can aid in escaping being ganked in the jungle.

- Using Darkness Incarnate and Shadow Step together can make for a quick and easy getaway.

- Use Black Chains while stealthed to get a head start on tougher champions, or take down weaker ones quickly.

Tips for playing against:

- Thorn is very skill intensive, and good at running away. Use Silence to keep him from escaping.

- If Thorn disappears while you are in pursuit in the jungle, try killing the nearest bunch of neutral monsters. Shadow Step will end if the target dies.

Voice Clips:
[Actual Clips in the following mp3 download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3nvwz...VoiceFiles.mp3 Work is self-done and self-recorded]

[Movement]

"I shall obey...for the time being."
"You cannot escape your shadow."
"It shall be done."

[Striking]

"What do you hope to achieve by facing me?"
"How foolish."
"A shadow cannot be destroyed."

[Clicking Upon]

"I grow tired of your rhetoric, Summoner."
"Now is not the time for conversation."
"Are you seeking my OWN shadow? How quaint."