Ezreal advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManicAttack

06-04-2011

Recently I have taken a liking to ezreal n find his "run n gun" playstyle very fun. But now that I am playing against good players all they do is stand behind minions which makes it very hard to pull off my mystic shot. I may hit them once or twice but thats usually it n they gain back the hp through lvls. I also tried AA but its not worth it when the minions also batter you down and you lose the trade. How can I harass effectively when my opponents are always behind their minions?

NomZrawr

06-04-2011

Play Hybrid Ezreal. Run mana regen per level runes. Use W through minions. Simple.

ManicAttack

06-05-2011

nah not at all

Freakattaker

06-05-2011

I suck at this game but unless you have the mana regen to support casting W a few times on them, they probably won't get hit easily. I prefer to use Ez as a 1v2 solo laner. He doesn't die a lot in the lane and still gets farm, just has a bit of trouble fending off good pushes but beyond that should be ok. Long range last hitting with Mystic Shot and Arcane Shift at sign of trouble, pretty hard to gank.

But yeah... just use Essence Flux through creeps if you really want them to take damage.

Swiftwynd

06-05-2011

No offense but Essence flux is really a crapy ability if you are relying on it for damage.

Your best bet is to get mid or solo lane, grab a Dorans Blade, go 21/9/0 making sure to pick up the armor yellows, MR blues, and Armor pen reds and quints (though some flat AD works fine too if mixed in)

summoners: exhaust and ignite.

You focus exclusively on Mystic and then level Shift as his secondary. Focus on getting the 980 gold for Tear, then build basic boots (preferably in one run back if you can hold out in the lane safe enough, but if oom when you reach 980 just port back to start stacking tear)

A good tip is to wait a bit for some minions to be low before porting back, then launching the ult up mid, or to a side lane for a kill, to get your money for boots.

Build tear into Manamune ASAP after getting basic boots. This will give you an intense AD boost. After this, any mana items you add are going to double as some AD boost, which is rather nice. Build Shen immediately following, and then you have to really look at the situation to see what you need, but generally finish your boots of Swiftness.

Wrecked by a karthus or other AP champ, like leblanc? Get a quick Hexdrinker for more ad and some clutch defense that will make them waste stuff on you.

Getting shut down by chain CC? Cloak and Dagger.

Finding you need some health sustainability? Get a Vampiric Scepter, and turn it into either a Bloodthirster OR a Starks Fervor.

Finished Trinity Force at some point if needed, but dont rush it.

another amazing item if their team is primarily lower armor champs is Black Cleaver. This plus Starks + your armor pen runes can give you... around 31 + 45 + 20 = 96 armor penetration. Combine that with your Mystic Shot also procing the Black Cleaver and the Sheen/Trinity Force, and you are doing some MASSIVE almost or complete true damage to people, and you dont rely on crits.

This is how you wreck people on Ez. You end up being fast, spammy, able to sustain damage through autoattacks, a moderate amount of lifesteal/protection to counter their offense,and amazing end game damage in both burst and sustained.

Yosihro

06-05-2011

I have one thing to say to/on this thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfeNQ_dbPvE

Absolution13

06-05-2011

If they hide behind minion line just push up and tele 2 location to aim Q instead of using Q to hit then tele to run from their skill shot