Jax is not OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2009

Except, he gets the speed bonus, can get many attacks off, and does insane damage per hit. Surprisingly, an AP build Jax rapes faces.

Anang

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudani View Post
You cant leap stun because you have to dodge to use the stun, if you've been attacked and have the purple bubble around you the opposing champion should, if they are smart, back off and wait till the bubble goes away.
It's very easy to get the counter strike buff, between creeps and neutral creeps and opposing heroes. I've rarely had trouble getting a leap stun when I've wanted one--only if they're in our base, pushing our last turrets.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-01-2009

I'd like to address this thread with the fact that this person HAS NOT PLAYED A 100 GAMES.

I'm sorry but you need to either play against him more, or play him more. I understand people learn quickly and can see things but not a lot of people will respect your opinion as much as people like Big McLarge Huge who knows Jax inside out. Or if you're a riot staff member and so on.

I personally think Jax will beat anybody on a 1v1 battle at level 6 with the same conditions EXCEPT.

Ryze
... thats it maybe?

Depends on the player, spells, runes, masteries. There are alot of potential that can take him on 1v1 but with his ridiculous dodge rate and dps output against people who take him head on will just prevail, especially after this last patch which buffed him like crazy, but he is not unstoppable.

Lollerman

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Play Jax View Post
I'd like to address this thread with the fact that this person HAS NOT PLAYED A 100 GAMES.

I'm sorry but you need to either play against him more, or play him more. I understand people learn quickly and can see things but not a lot of people will respect your opinion as much as people like Big McLarge Huge who knows Jax inside out. Or if you're a riot staff member and so on.

I personally think Jax will beat anybody on a 1v1 battle at level 6 with the same conditions EXCEPT.

Ryze
... thats it maybe?

Depends on the player, spells, runes, masteries. There are alot of potential that can take him on 1v1 but with his ridiculous dodge rate and dps output against people who take him head on will just prevail, especially after this last patch which buffed him like crazy, but he is not unstoppable.
Probably couldn't take Eve or Lich? Lich might be a tie though, don't know really.

I can't see Jax doing much to Fiddle/Anivia either...

Laudani

09-01-2009

This isn't the only account available to me I Play Jax. I've been playing since the beta came out, but on my friends account, before friend invites were added.

I've played about 45 - 50 matches with only Jax so far, if I add the matches up over each account.

Lollerman

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudani View Post
This isn't the only account available to me I Play Jax. I've been playing since the beta came out, but on my friends account, before friend invites were added.

I've played about 45 - 50 matches with Jax so far, if I add the matches up over each account.
There's your problem; Jax only became relatively OP recently.

Apparently.

According to "NERF JAX PLOX" thread dates.

Laudani

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
There's your problem; Jax only became relatively OP recently.

Apparently.

According to "NERF JAX PLOX" thread dates.
I know the difference between the current Jax v.s. the old Jax. :P

Aspartem

09-01-2009

Anivia? At lvl 6? Can't sustain her ult, and is to slow to keep Jax at distance.
On an open field, it's probably that you can flee, but most likely you won't get him down. Fiddle could be a though cookie.. though, just a lil' crit luck and the game is over for him.

Don't forget, though Jax is pretty crazy right now, it maybe has something to do with the items. As you said, he doesn't need atk speed, so he can gear for survivability and imo Malet is to cheap for that much survivability + 30% slow.

And if you compare master yi to him, don't foget, that the master has alot more to farm to be effective AND is only a danger if he's babysat at the beginning, while Jax has no problem farmin' alone. Since he's also kinda beefy by himself.

Laudani

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiKaze View Post
Everyone disregard what this guy says, I recognise his name. Not that you probably weren't, anyway, but still. This guy was on our team a few matches ago, and played as Jax, and fed most of the game. He claimed Jax wasn't overpowered throughout the game trying to use his stats to prove it. In the end, he almost did worse than my friend, the Taric, who is completely new to LoL and DotA style games.

Jax is overpowered, you're just terrible as him.
Or I just had a bad game. >.>

*******http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ptLxVCiNJrs/SkPhtRP0yCI/AAAAAAAAAWw/y0JVnoN4mTM/s400/slowpoke.gif********

FellowerOfOdin

09-01-2009

Taric cannot stun!

Just as valid as OP's point.