health quints?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeanLucPicowned

03-25-2010

i've been told that the flat tier 3 health quints are the best way to go for tanks.

i'm not sure why they're better than the @18 health quints though.

i was thinking of doing a mix (this is all planning for the future as i'm level 19) where i have probly one flat health and 2 of the @18s.

thoughts?

Palette Town

03-25-2010

flat quints were originally better because of the dragon.

i think they took out the dragon spawn so that may have indirectly buffed 18 quints.

GenericName3

03-25-2010

Simply put, tier 3 flat hp quints will give nearly 100 hp from the very start. This means that if you're going Doran's shield or Ruby Crystal first, as a tank you'll probably have around 800 hp from level 1.
extremely useful for getting first blood, as well as early-lane survivability.

Osmodius

03-25-2010

+100 hp is pretty useless at end game. At early game it's massive.

Mullet87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

The HP/lvl quints only equal the flat HP ones at lvl 12.

The fact that with 3x flat HP quints @ lvl 1 you get about +100hp is a big advantage.

JeanLucPicowned

03-25-2010

hmmm ok - thanks. i understand what you're all saying and it makes sense but there's this nagging feeling in the back of me about the lvl 18 ones.

if you have all 3 quints health@18 and all seals health@18 you're looking at like 350 health end game vs like 150.

i guess the early game will help though, especially with surviving those early ganks.

ugh i cant decide.

Osmodius

03-25-2010

I like dodge, tbh. Starting the game with 11% dodge is fun.

Palette Town

03-25-2010

350 health at endgame isn't much at all.

alright well it is a lot but it's not as good as you think.

try to remember how many times you managed to get to level 18 in all of your games and you'll probably realize why 18s are not good.

Frödo Swaggins

03-25-2010

Does health help as much late game? Not really. 200 damage is like 1 swing, depending on who you are playing, and who you are playing against. Plus, the early HP is a massive help early game, when a caster can tank a hit or two from the tower or whatever to get the firstblood - rather than being insta-gibbed.

Waffles Inc

03-25-2010

+100 health at level 1 helps your laning phase more than you could ever know just by thinking about it.

And really, the +100 health at level 1 is stupid good on anyone, not just tanks. You will not regret putting three flat health quints on both of your runesheets. Best 6150 IP you ever spent.