Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I really dislike the new EXP system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

railspider

03-26-2010

Snowballing may have been BS, but at least games didn't drag on forever. This new EXP system just draws out games, and caters for bad players. If you're bad enough to die 2 or 3 times before lvl 6 in the lane, you shouldn't be able to get 1 or 2 kills to get you back on par.

It's a really bad system in my opinion, and I miss the old one. If you farm up to be 8/0/0 in 15 minutes you deserve to snowball to a quick win. Next game you likely won't be as lucky. As it is, even if you play an epic early game, you can be caught up to so easily by a few ganks. Oh, and it makes assassin characters much more worthless.

Bring back old system please.

03-26-2010

Snow Balling >No Balling.

Or. Idno. Come backs.

FirestormXL

Recruiter

03-26-2010

If the other guy on the team has 8/0/0 and its as hopeless as you make it out to be, im sure a surrender will be in short order.

railspider

03-26-2010

Why surrender when turtling the base and getting the odd kill will let you rubberband back up to equal levels?

This levelling system reminds me of Mario Kart on the SNES. So noob friendly

03-26-2010

Yep. If you just stick it out, you can pretty much guarantee that after 30 minutes you'll be on an even playing field again, unless you are terribad.

DonJuancho

03-26-2010

meh, i disagree with OP. I like it that the enemy still thinks he has a fighting chance. If you're really good, you shouldn't have problems.
On the flipside, if the other team got "lucky" early-on, at least you still have a real chance at getting back in the game.

ZGBaddy

03-26-2010

Quote:
railspider:
Why surrender when turtling the base and getting the odd kill will let you rubberband back up to equal levels?

This levelling system reminds me of Mario Kart on the SNES. So noob friendly

Perfect example

Schadadle

03-26-2010

The most memorable games are the long comebacks whether you're on the receiving or the serving end of the game. I liked the snowball idea, but the new XP system adds for more intense gameplay. If you get 8 kills early on, then buy a flippin' Bloodthirster and just start tearing through towers. Thats how you end the game faster.

I'm a huge fan of never giving up. My team can be down 10 kills and 3 towers 10 minutes in but if I have a teammate who is willing to not surrender with me, I'll play it out. There are many ways people can even it back up like farming dragon and staying together while the other team gets sloppy. It's easy to get sloppy when you have the other team boxed up and you get tempted to go off and individually farm but if you are boxed up in your base, it's near impossible to get further than 2000 pixels away from your teammates anyway.