Malady

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-26-2010

I want the crack youre smoking or the magical nuke/stun/******opponent lane where you don't take damage.

If you argument is really "people suck, i get to beat the **** out of them," then play with some god**** dorans like a real man and use the gold to fund an army of sight wards.

xrats

03-26-2010

Malady is a bad item.You wont ever see a top player get it and there are reasons for this.

If you play a carry malady is complete useless.Carry focus on dmg early,not on attack speed.So,dont lose your precious money and time on items like this and rush your IE as fast as you can.Good games involve many 5v5 battles at early levels.At this point you ll wanna carry your team,meaning deal dmg to the enemy team while they tank and support you.Believe me,you wont do anything with attack speed.You wont dmg.Thats the reason all top players force trinity or IE and ignore all other items.

The second reason is that there are other items much more useful that provide also attack speed.Of course,there arent so cheap but they are worth the effort spend some gold more to get them.If you want lifesteal buy a cheap item(450 gold) and you are done.

Most people dont get why items like malady are bad.Thats because they play low elo games vs weak opponents that end at around 50-60 mins average.High elo games however are nothing like this.The opponents there are tough and the average is 20-30 mins.Believe me,you will to get in 5v5 battles too soon and without any dmg you ll be totally useless.

GuyGin

03-26-2010

Doesn't maladay do damage WHENEVER your hero does damage to another hero?

Doesn't that mean that if you play a dot hero like teemoo, a single shot can end up doing a ton of damage through maladay because of his poison?

Zeron

03-26-2010

I will say, as a Malphite player, I actually hate an early game Malady. I can't imagine another reason to get one, but against Malphite it's not so bad.

Vindeen

03-26-2010

What do you guys think of a malady on a twitch to increase his survive while applying posions rapidly?

KaiTo1520

03-26-2010

well its ok to get malady early to mid(works well with junglers)...then sell it back for a better item...

Azing

03-26-2010

Malady is cheap and gives life steal and attack speed. The 30 extra damage is amazing in team fights for not just you but your team to burn them down faster.

People who say it suck are rather stupid. Later on you can always sell it to take another item, but most often you will notice that the item is very valuable even later on against many characters if your team has enough physical. 1 person hitting = 30 damage extra a hit. 3 people hitting = 90 extra damage each time they all hit. It adds up with a team targetting one individual.

Either you get it early on or else you won't get it at all.

Hero wise I'd like to add that heroes like Jax and the New TF will find even more use for the new Malady as their abilities start working better as they attack more. It makes the weapon and its stacking effect work even stronger. Heroes with faster attacks will find much more benefit from malady then those who don't.

@Vindeen: Malady on twitch is one example where its really good. Each of his spray and prays will add a stack to them as it does other on hit effects. This means that should you be shooting it off the entire team will take 30 more damage a hit. This also boosts its fast attack speed giving poison an easier time to stack up on all the enemies furthering the damage done by you and your team. Stacked up (granted in most cases you won't be able to get that many hits off against a smart team) that is 150 damage extra each shot on the other team.

EasymodeX

03-26-2010

The reason why you see Twitch giving a bonus damage to his team when he buys Malady is because the enemy would already be dead if he had bought a real item.

xahhfink6

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaOven View Post
Considering I start out at .811 at level 1 with my runes I will continue to rush it to help with farming, lifesteal, and an extra DoT on heroes. BTW level 6 with 2500 gold I'm attacking 1.5 a second and making your carry blue pill repeatedly, because he listened to tards like you and rushed a BFSword. Not only that it makes my Starks even more awesome when I get it late game.
Lets sit down for a second and look at your math. .6 attack speed + .35(.6) ~= .811, and now we add .50(.6) for 1.111 attack speed at 50 damage, 277 over 5 seconds; while you could have been dealing .811 attack speed at 100 damage, or 405 damage over 5 seconds, for LESS MONEY

Azing

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
The reason why you see Twitch giving a bonus damage to his team when he buys Malady is because the enemy would already be dead if he had bought a real item.
Actually a smart team would of stopped twitch already. Real items cause like 3.5k-4k. Malady costs only 1.8k. Malady gives attack speed to spread his poisons faster which early on his the core of his damage. Expunge = What makes Spray and Pray deadly early on, and later on once he gets more dps items it switches off to the damage done.

Either way I just said if it gets off, and I did state the fact that you won't. A good team will counter twitch as soon as he pops out his head and in such a case it all depends on reaction. If the more attack speed lets him get off another hit then Malady would be better, otherwise the stronger weapon would win. In the end though comparing Malady to a higher end item is a rather stupid thing to do, considering how much more expensive it is over it.

Its like comparing a 52' screen tv to a 20'. Its just not going to be a comparison since the one costs a lot more and is expected to have more to it.