[Noob Guide]My Shen build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOrckenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2010

Hello everyone! This is my take on Shen. Iv had great success with this build and felt I should share. I do want to note tho that I use this build with a competent premade 5 man. I'm sorry I'm not good at formatting on forums so if its jumbled I do apologize.

Masteries:

I always roll 0/21/9

Summoner Spells:

Ignite and Ghost

Runes:

Red: Armor Pen
Blue/Yellow: HP/5
Quints: HP/5

Items: (In the order I normally get them)

1. Ruby Crystal / Regrowth Pendant

I personally go with the Ruby for an extra boost to Ki Strike. Also builds into my second item..

2. Leviathan

This is the core item of the build really. HP is huge on Shen because of his passive and the 15% damage reduction makes him a beast (and iv yet to have a game where I didn't get 20 stacks).

3. Ninja Tabi / Mercury's Treads

Dodge is good and from what Iv tested Shen seems to have a crazy good dodge chance from any other hero's Iv played. Maybe its just me! Opt for treads for teams that are CC heavy

4. Warmog's Armor

OK your saying WTF Orc, why so late in the build for Warmog's; right? Well, simply put, Shen is perhaps the best farmer / last hitter in the game thanks to Vorpal Blade. Use it and abuse it and Warmog's will be maxed out in 5 mins tops.

Ok that's all for the core build. Anything after that is situational to the fight itself. With this build at level 18 you will break 3800 HP (thats with NO hp runes or quints BTW). Two other items you may get are:

Atma's Impaler
Aegis of the Legion

Both synergize great with Shen and my build. Plus if you got Aegis you will break 4k hp. Most games I end with about 4300 HP.

Well that's all I can think of! I hope it helps and I am by no means saying this is how he HAS to be played just how I play and maybe it will help others Good luck out there everyone!!

-TheOrckenMan

FailPatrol

03-28-2010

Uh, shen the best farmer in the game, wtf

fuzzy logic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailPatrol View Post
Uh, shen the best farmer in the game, wtf
I agree, Shen is definitely not the best farmer / last hitter in the game. Firstly, no AoE. Second, Vorpal doesn't hit all that hard.

Better farmer examples. Annie's little fireball hits harder and is free to cast pretty much. Gragas body slam and barrel roll combos melt creeps.

Other than the farming comment, that build looks dandy, I'll try it next time I'm on Shen.

TheOrckenMan

03-28-2010

Ok, I should say that between Ki Strike auto attacks and Vorpal that you almost always get the last hit on creeps so its easy to power up Warmogs hence the reason its third item I build.

MechaWarrior

03-29-2010

Thanks for the info. WIll try this next time I play Shen.