Malady

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

So am i the only sane person who sees how terrible this item really is?

most people who i ask why they bought it, say "OMG HURR ATTACK SPEED AND LIFESTEAL ON IN ONE DURRR". i guess they forget that they spend what, 750g on one of the most worthless uniques in the game?

xrats

03-25-2010

No,you arent the only one actually.Its one of the worst items of the game and you ll see it only in low elo games.You wont see any good player ever have this item.

I see many people ruin their heroes built when they rush malady on Tristana,Teemo,Twitch etc.They simply cannot understand that the priority in a carry is dmg,not attack speed or slow(same goes for the frozen mallet-bad item as well).

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

268 won, 222 lost, and at LEAST one person per game has it.. no exceptions.

Torwulf

03-25-2010

What's wrong with it? Large attack speed bonus, lifesteal, and it's reasonably cheap. Seems reasonable to me...

For the record - the logic of atk spd vs. atk dmg.

If I have:

2.00atk spd
50atk dmg

Then I hit twice per second for 50 damage each, totalling 100 damage per second.

1.00atk spd
100atk dmg

Then I hit once per second for 100 damage, totalling 100 damage per second.

See? exactly the same DPS. Furthermore, faster attack speed allows on-hit items and abilites to proc more frequently. On the flip side, abilites that are based on attack damage will do less and are unnaffected by attack speed. Taking that into account, I would say that attack speed and damage are equal - 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. If someone else disagrees, though, I'm happy to hear them.

Osmodius

03-25-2010

M0ar damage allows better harassing. What's the point of all that attack speed if you can only fire 1 shot?

Torwulf

03-25-2010

Fine. Here we go again...

My enemy runs out and is exposed for 1.00 seconds.

If I have:

2.00 Atk Spd
50 Dmg

...then in that 1 second I will hit them twice for 50 damage each time, totalling 100 damage.

If I have:

1.00 Atk Spd
100 Dmg

...then in that 1 second I will hit them once for 100 damage, totalling 100 damage.

See? Do people get it now?

Osmodius

03-25-2010

Umad? Who the hell are you playing against that just stands there and lets you shoot them. You will get 1 hit, unless you are entering a proper fight, in which case abilities should be used.

FeLpZ

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torwulf View Post
What's wrong with it? Large attack speed bonus, lifesteal, and it's reasonably cheap. Seems reasonable to me...

For the record - the logic of atk spd vs. atk dmg.

If I have:

2.00atk spd
50atk dmg

Then I hit twice per second for 50 damage each, totalling 100 damage per second.

1.00atk spd
100atk dmg

Then I hit once per second for 100 damage, totalling 100 damage per second.

See? exactly the same DPS. Furthermore, faster attack speed allows on-hit items and abilites to proc more frequently. On the flip side, abilites that are based on attack damage will do less and are unnaffected by attack speed. Taking that into account, I would say that attack speed and damage are equal - 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. If someone else disagrees, though, I'm happy to hear them.
"OMG HURR ATTACK SPEED AND LIFESTEAL ON IN ONE DURRR"

you are paying twice as much for 10% more attack speed than recurve bow.

CTHDRL

03-25-2010

It is good on some champs early game and ONLY GOOD LATE GAME on all the others.

People who rush malady are completely idiotic. Absolutely and completely idiotic in every way.

Teemo has

.811 attack speed at level 6.
+ 50% a/s is ONLY +.34 attack speed

DUURRR DURR DURRR

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Teemo...e3a749c50f4248

A Bf Sword is an INFINITELY better investment.

If you get a malady before 20-30 minutes you need to go kill yourself, because you're useless.

Osmodius

03-25-2010

Btw, get a starks. It's better.

12345 ... 10