Ghost and Flash together?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

06-04-2011

i'm a relatively new player, i mainly play ashe annie and amumu. I read it's viable on ashe to get both for the sake of mobility, which i find rather important. I was wondering if that applies on annie as well? Or if i dont have the option to jungle on amumu (I want to go tank amumu but we dont have a 2nd solo, so i'm forced to lane and therefore smite isn't needed) could i go ghost/flash as well? If not what is the reccomended alternative?

Also when tanking as amumu, i was wondering how strong of an item is guardian angel? I'm probably stupid asking considering EVERY guide reccomends buying one, but i feel like it's too much of a mix between magic/physical for some fights. One time i was against a ryze, annie, blitzcrank, fiddlesticks, and another amumu. In that situation wouldn't i want to go almost purely magical, and skip the primarily-armor guardian angel? Since guardian angel gives primarily armor it makes sense against AD, but I sometimes feel like guardian angel isn't the right fit for the situation, despite every guide telling me to get one.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2011

Annie should go flash and ignite 24/7.

Killrazor

06-04-2011

it is viable. Who doesnt want speed and an escape? Im playing Orianna a lot, and i use both ghost and flash on her. She is slow, even with her mini speed burst (w). And flash is a great escape.

Annie can use both for sure. If your new might be a good idea , will help you stay alive

Later on, exhaust or ignite are good with annie as well. Add one of those with flash or ghost.

Megolantix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2011

I prefer ignite on burst champions (champions who deal a lot of damage with abilities but tend to have longer cool downs) mainly because you will hit someone with all your abilities, but still don't manage to kill them. If you use ignite, you can ignite them and maybe get a kill. Ghost tends to be used by range AD because they can do a lot of damage with their auto attacks, you can pop ghost then keep hitting the target with auto attacks. As annie, your auto attacks don't do much damage making ghost only useful when you chase someone until your abilities are back up, or when you use ghost to run away.

I don't know if I explained that well, but hopefully you choose ignite and flash as annie .

Azellos

06-04-2011

ok thanks for the feedback so far, i think i'm getting why mobility is more important on AD carries than on burst DPSers past having a quick flash. I probably will stick to flash/ignite on annie, and (unless there's a reason not to) flash/ghost on ashe.

However, what about laning amumu? Jungling i have flash/smite, but i rather like going ghost/flash for laning/team fights.

RushSecond

06-04-2011

If you are jungling, ALWAYS take smite. It isn't about whether you need it or not. If you don't take smite and the enemy team does, you basically cannot do dragon or baron ever since the enemy will just smite steal.

ZOMGTURTLE

06-04-2011

Amumu is a great disruptor, so he can definitely benefit from Ghost/Flash.

I personally prefer to play Alistar, and I pack both of those on him when not jungling. The ability to move very quickly while disrupting the enemy can lead to a whole lot of kills and assists. My buddy loves coming into the side of a fight as Amumu and rocketing himself forward with Flash and Bandage Toss (in whichever order is needed based on their positioning) and lay down his ult before they really have a chance to react. Ghost can help keep you in range of a fast character to whittle them down with Despair and kill them.

Honestly, go for whatever spells you need. A lot of tanks also take Cleanse so that they can't be kept out of a fight, or Clairvoyance if there isn't a support with it. Exhaust can save your ranged carry when that hungry melee carry jumps onto them, and Fortify is usually held by tanks to save towers (since they can spec Defense mastery and get the improved). Try combinations and see what works best for you.

Edit: As far as Guardian Angel goes, YES it is situational. Against the team you described, I don't think I'd have gotten GA until maybe a last item. Force of Nature, Quicksilver Sash, and Abyssal Scepter would all do you much more good there than a GA. Some characters have items that are considered "core". Everything else should be entirely situational, especially as a tank, where you have to adapt to the incoming damage type.

Seelyon

06-04-2011

Ashe - Flash & Ghost, you want to be mobile and need escapes to prevent being dropped instantly, see this Ashe Guide

Annie - Flash & Ignite, always flash and ignite, flash for escape/intiation with stun and then ignite to increase your overall burst damage, see this Annie Guide

Amumu - Flash/Ghost & Smite, Always need an escape/chase skill and you should be jungling so taking Smite is a must, see this amumu guide

Sydlanel

06-04-2011

I hadn't tried it in my Rammus build but a mate of mine recommended it, and it actually works quite nicely, flash for surprise/emergency situations, and ghost for chases. Its it gives you even more utility. And I think it might be similar for Amumu, though I have not played him in a long time. (of course this is only for lane Tanking). But as many people have mentioned, it seems ignite is a must on Annie.

About the GA, I'm not a huge fan of this item, don't get me wrong its not bad at all, but yes, it depends on the enemy team. Firstly, compared to other tanking items it's stats are not huge. And I usually find that if I'm tanking, and I die, my team will probably be dead/gone when I pop back up.
As Zomgturtle, mentioned, it fully depends on the enemy team composition, but its usually an item I might pick up if the game goes for long enough, to finish my full build.