Any balance left?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sweaty Gopher

03-25-2010

The fact of the matter is this game is losing respect when it comes to the competitive gaming market. No one takes it seriously if they're constantly releasing new heroes without balancing the others. The new Heimer is a prime example of their ability to balance. How can they release so many heroes so quickly and have any resemblance of balance? I'd prefer they slow down, think things through longer than a week and really hammer out some AAA quality heroes. Then I'd pay for them, instead of just waiting until I have IP because they're really not all that different from the rest of the heroes.

They are simply riding a "flavor of the week" mentality. They release a new hero every two weeks after the old one is no longer exciting and this way they keep the money coming in. I don't blame them, but don't kid yourself there is no sense of balance amongst the new heroes and the old ones.

It is impossible to balance a game like this when new heroes are constantly being implemented. That said we make do with what we have. The top tier players play with their top tier heroes, and the bottom tier players play with their bottom tier. Instead of trying to balance heroes, they'll make enough of them that we will have enough for both high, mid, and low tier to play with.

So in the end it may work out, but with all these new heroes I just feel like this game is distancing itself slowly from me and the people I play with as only a couple heroes do we play consistently because they're fun, and well done.

One of them was Blitz, but the changes to sheen seems to have inevitably lead us to other heroes who can do more damage and have better cc.

Meta

03-25-2010

Problem is, draft mode completely changes balance. Lack of draft mode and competitive ladders is the real reason this game hasn't gained respect from the competitive community.

WhitemageofDOOM

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweaty Gopher View Post
The fact of the matter is this game is losing respect when it comes to the competitive gaming market.
Utter bunk.
Dozens of underpowered characters just don't matter to the competitive community, since they don't effect the competitive meta game.
You can lay a criticism about learning curves at the huge array of heroes. But ss long as the best options are balanced around each the game is ultimately balanced.

Are you going to whine at wotc for making timmy rares next?

Pieceofcandy

03-25-2010

1.Complain about RIOT's lack of effort in hero balance.
2.Use Hemi rework as example for argument.
3.???
4.PROFIT!!!

turntekGodhead

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageofDOOM View Post
Are you going to whine at wotc for making timmy rares next?
BUT KROSAN CLOUDSCRAPER IS SO GOOD. ITS a 13/13. THAT DOES LIKE...
13 DAMAGE. OMG. SO GOOD.

Sweaty Gopher

03-25-2010

it's not their lack of effort, and it's not whining. I'd just like more balance amongst the heroes. You can see a trend in their marketing pattern and it's pretty obvious. Look how expensive a lot of the new heroes have been. 10 bucks for a new hero? Really? Obviously milking it.

When I see the hero selection screen there might as well be big black X's on half the heroes, because yes I could play them and if MM messes up the other team I might win but against a good team, or premade I know that I will lose with that hero. I used Heimer, because he's a perfect example of a hero that is good against a bad team but horrible against a really good premade/MM match up.

Pieceofcandy

03-25-2010

I'd say Eve would be the "Perfect" example of what you're talking about, Hemi was/is fine vs pug or premades.

Sweaty Gopher

03-25-2010

I'd disagree. When choosing between Heimer and Eve;

turrets,
an ability that hits 3 random enemies nearby (creeps or heroes)
and a grenade that is a skill shot but the projectile moves slow
Nothing else. Nothing. He's useless after he blows his load and his turrets aren't nearby

or

stealth (invulnerability early game if the other team doesn't spend their early game money for ward/oracle, and almost 100% chance of stealthi since very few heroes attacks fast enough early game to stop you from being able to stealth.

A stun that lands no matter what (unlike grenade)

A speed boost that is so fast that even if they have oracle I can close distance before they have time to react

A dd ability

I'm going to go with Eve every time.

Never is there a ward in every lane early on. There's always an opportunity to gank.

Pieceofcandy

03-25-2010

Oh you're trolling, sorry I thought we were going to have a serious discussion.

Oh well.

Nice try though.

LoL is too buggy

03-25-2010

Don't feed the trolls.

Hey, wait.....