I'm still a noob

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aiNpeace

03-25-2010

Just started to play this game like 2 weeks ago. I'm level 14, and I think I have already found my favorite character (Mordekaiser). I'm not too bad with shen either!

Anyways looking for tips & such with runes / masters / builds.

Currently my build..

1. Regrowth > Regrowth > Negatron Cloak > Force of Nature

2. Boots of speed > (Depending on opposing team) Berserker Greaves / Ninja Tabi / Mercury Treads

3. Last Whisper

4. Bloodthirster

5. Thornmail / Sunfire Cape

6. Never made it this far

Sometimes I get armor before magic resistance. It all depends on who I'm laning against.

I upgrade my E spell as much as possible to farm gold off minions / deal short range damage / build my shield.

So..... am I on the right track so far?

I'm unsure about Masteries

Currently: 8/6/0 (Only level 14 :P)

Plan on doing something like 20/10/0 though..

RUNES! I have no runes yet.. my friends told me to wait til I am level 20. What do I need if my 2 main characters are Mordekaiser / Shen ?

Seltenspieler

03-25-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=68225
This is a huge list of guides where you will surely find something on Mordekaiser builds and the fitting runes as well as guides to runes themselves.
Shen was recently added aswell i think.

IMO waiting till 20 just keeps you from getting minor bonus right now. You already have access to tier 2 runes, e.g. 0,6% dodge for ~300IP or 2 MR@lvl18 for 80IP, which isnt bad at all if you fill up your slots with 4 or 5 of them. If you are not saving for a champ, have a look at the rune guides, find out which ones fit your build and get some at the store.

Important part on buying runes: learn which ones are primary for the slot you want to fill, because these are the stronger ones, e.g. dodge is on yellow.
I think red is dps, yellow is defense and blue is magic, but im not absolutely sure on this.

Vatiz

03-26-2010

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...er-of-doom-359

Nough said...

btw: wait until level 20 and save up your IP, i've done it and I won most of the matches... level 30 now.

zoau

03-26-2010

deisclaimer: i dont play mordekaiser more than the practice matches i did to get a little feel for him. with force of nature being based on max health(right?), your magic resist scaling anyway with lvls and the amazing farming you can do why not go for a warmogs first like a cho gath? start regrowth and life is a stat you will need in any case, magic resist might not be important if their caster lineup turns out to be bull.
im more confused about the rest of items with the mix of dps/tank, i thought viable morde is straight tank/pusher

El Techno

03-26-2010

As far as buying runes, its not a stretch to buy 5 of each for your main character in level 1 runes because they're so cheap, but level 2 doesn't offer enough of an upgrade to justify the cost and tier 3 is what you're aiming for; don't waste your IP on stuff you won't use after you hit level 20.

BamSucka

03-26-2010

I concur with Techno, just wait until you can buy lvl 3 runes.

aiNpeace

03-26-2010

Of course depending on the other team I may get thornmail before last whisper..

GeneralTsoa

03-26-2010

Mord does best (in my 80 + games with him) when he is full defense specced with plenty of health regen. Use the passive sheild all the time, constantly filled.

Get tank items that allow you to outlast your enemies.
9/21/0
or
0/21/09

both work best
Ignite for combo with ult = gaurateed doom + Ghost

Dorans
Boots (Merc for magic team, zerk otherwise
STARK FERVER (AMUST)
Spririt visage (CD Rduce, increases healing from Lifesteal from starks
^ Synergy up there see
then Black cleaver, to stack your armor pen with starks and bc.

see the multiple sysnergies there with the items (SV increasing lifesteal amount, bc increases armer pen from starks)

Synergize your gear with defense tank mord spec to own face.

Regardless you can go 8 and 0 with 14 assists and 4 towers and ppl will still call you useless becuase few actually value a good tank/support.