Surrendering - No negatives to a deplorable act?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhitemageofDOOM

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceindahole View Post
...What? You're aware that makes no sense, right? You honestly just sound like a 8th grader who just learned what 'natural selection' is, and wanted to attempt to troll someone (failed attempt, by the way).
People who don't give up end up dead in the real world. Dead people can't pass on there genes.

It makes perfect since.

Quote:
Remember: the Samurai would rather die than surrender in battle. Shouldn't the player feel the same way, and be rewarded for it?
Dying is never commendable behavior, ever.

jerzy

03-25-2010

Hitting "NO" is just as selfish as hitting "YES". We are each given both options, aren't we? Telling me that I should hit "YES" because you did is pretty fcukin **** selfish...

aceindahole

Recruiter

03-25-2010

When I click 'No', it is not because I am arrogant, it is because I have seen and been involved in battles that were far worse off that turned it around to win it, so I know that it is possible to win. Either that, or still have fun losing but sticking it out until the very end and giving it your all. Many players that are trying to surrender are often just sitting back at base, ruining the people trying to play's time. There are two sides to every story. :P

I have no idea why my original post got negged... I was just asking questions in a well thought out way.

Waffles Inc

03-25-2010

There are times when you know it's over and times when it looks bad but you still have a shot. It's a matter of judgment, honestly.

If you're solo queuing and happen to get put in with a feeder and three dysfunctional jerks who do nothing but rage at each other, you /ff at 25 minutes. Easy decision.

Otherwise, make a judgment call: Is your team composition good enough to make a comeback after a long homestand? Do you have enough CC to make it through teamfights? Do you think your teammates could pull it together enough to win any teamfights?

If the answers to those questions are all no, then just click the yes button. After a certain point the winning team stops having fun, too, and you're wasting eight people's time if the surrender fails.

aceindahole

Recruiter

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageofDOOM View Post
People who don't give up end up dead in the real world. Dead people can't pass on there genes.

It makes perfect since.
Wow, I am extremely happy that I'm not your friend in real life. You must give up on things like pouring the milk in your cereal because it is too heavy. Also, the spelling is 'sense'. Maybe you should consider not passing on YOUR genes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitemageofDOOM View Post
Dying is never commendable behavior, ever.
And surrendering ever was? Or is?

Alexious

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
I always click on the no option as well. Quitting is still quitting, no matter how you try to sugar coat it.
I find this extremely amusing.

To be honest, I think the 25 minute limit needs to be lowered. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a game (solo queue) and wished for the "/10minsurrenderoption". Seriously, the bad games last WAY TOO LONG already.

WhitemageofDOOM

03-25-2010

Quote:
Wow, I am extremely happy that I'm not your friend in real life. You must give up on things like pouring the milk in your cereal because it is too heavy. Also, the spelling is 'sense'. Maybe you should consider not passing on YOUR genes.
Know when to hold em, know when to fold em.

Quote:
And surrendering ever was? Or is?
In like every competitive community with a slippery slope ever, yes.
Chess, SC, Go, all end in surrender.

It's admitting your opponent is better than you instead of wasting his time out of spite.

Alexious

03-25-2010

Quote:
I was just asking questions in a well thought out way.
Actually, you were asking them in a rude way. You are implying that those of us who prefer to surrender a bad game are cowards or worse.

Meanwhile, you appear to be engaging in some misguided effort to convince everyone that we should waste our time because you see it as honorable in some way.

Your thread is full of fail. Shame on you for wasting our time in game and in the forums.

jerzy

03-25-2010

If you're that hellbent on quitting a game, why not just leave the game?

Is surrendering a team activity or something only one person on a team needs to do? ****, you need more then one person to do it. Well I never was nor ever will be one of those people. I was given the option, so why are you telling me it's a bad thing that I choose to say NO?

Dryzen

03-25-2010

Granted i did manage to get a win on a 4v5 by having twitch BD the hell outta them while the other 3 of us defended there is always a point when u have to cut your losses and just move on. I'm all for fighting till you know all hope is lost. But if they have 30 kills and u guys have 4? y should there be a bigger penalty for that? On the other hand i have seen people surrender way to easy and i have been annoyed with it from time to time as well.

tl;dr: Sometimes its possible to recover with a bit of luck. Sometimes its best to cut your loses.