Evelynn, the easiest hero to make obsolete

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnfEnEt

08-31-2009

Eve is one pretty cool hero concept; sneak up behind heroes, lower their defenses and kill them with no downside thanks to her ultimate. The downside is she needs the kill if she wants to live. I've been playing Evelynn extensively for the past week and have seen just how great and awful Eve can be no matter the skill level.

At level 18 she has around 1700 hp. Now I know dps character have low survivability to counter their high damage, but when is low survivability too low? (the recommended build for Eve suggests no HP-giving items) Eve has only one way of escaping foes (her invisibility won't trigger unless she's not been hit for some seconds) which requires someone to have been killed and gives a meager MS buff. So what happens if the opponent has any snare? You will not get away. You have no way to slow down people chasing you and her only CC effect requires her not to have been hit. 1700 HP is absolutely nothing late game and any character can rip you to shreds. Playing Eve means you assume that you can sneak up on low hp characters who are by themselves. That's a lot to assume.

Anything anti-invisibility makes her useless. She has no way to close the needed distance between her and a target other then her invisibility and her ult (which requires a kill, remember!). Take away the invisibility and she will never be able to touch a ranged unit. And this only requires an elixir of true sight. If the other team stacks clairavoyance, she's dead meat. She'll be targeted if she gets in vision range and be a puddle of blood in the next instant. Bam, one hero that can't do anything for the rest of the game. Might as well have left so that the opponent's didn't get as much exp and gold. Items will not help her close the distance either, unless you manage to get Rylai's scepter which requires ridiculous amounts compared to Frozen Mallet. Then she stands a chance; boosted damage, hp and a slow! Hope you can farm that ~3.5k. In this situation Eve requires her teammates to do a good job protecting her, which makes her not so much a hero killer and really is just a downside to her team. Not to meantion all of her skills are melee range so if rooted, she's dead. Completely useless in team fight or when facing tanks.

if someone had the choice of playing Twitch or Evelynn for a competitive game, Twitch is a no-brainer. If he breaks out of his invisibility, he can attack almost as fast as eve can cast. He has a slow that's easy to use and a damage spell that's less damaging then Eve's, but can hit multiple heroes. His ultimate completely dominates team battles while Eve just kinda hangs around the back hoping to get close enough for a q. And the trump card is that Twitch is still useful against an anti-invis team because he is ranged. He can get in, use his ultimate, slow, run away and then he's hard to catch. Horray for all ranged skills. Eve cannot get in to do damage, ever, unless she has a death wish.

Short v.: Eve has too high mana cost early game to kill, too low hp late game and no way to get close to people that have true sight. plz fix

Blacula

08-31-2009

If you aren't buying a rod of ages on an AP character you are doing it wrong. 750 HP and 80 ap after 15 minutes is mint. As far as closing the distance, her ulti increases movement speed.

I have good success picking off casters in the back of a team fight or chasing down runners, but she is definitely a hero who needs a solid team behind her unlike characters like jax who can practically solo the opposition

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-31-2009

She gets charges on her ultimate from ANY enemy hero dying, no matter if she contributed or was nearby.

Also, she gets her extra hitpoints back just for assisting with kills. As long as your team is doing what it should be doing in a fight, you can usually survive.

On another note, hard counters to invisibility are retarded. Things like Dust of Appearance are doing it right.

Varalen

09-01-2009

When I roll Eve, which I often do, the items I usually get don't include Rod of the Ages.

My ultimate set of items usually consists of:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Lich Bane
Mejai's Soulstealer
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Ring
Tears of the Goddess

Works fabulous for me and usually results in about 600 ap.

w/o Baron buff.

Xarteck

09-01-2009

my build is:
Sorcerer's Shoes
Mejai's Soulstealer
Abyssal Scepter
(dont remember the name but the twin blades that give 100% AP dmg on the next attack and 7% movment speed)
Zhonya's Ring
Raydjals septer
allso use flash and uppgraded exaust so that it lowers there armore and magic reduktion
this makes eve is op in low-mid skill battles but way to bad in hig skill matches just becauce there is no way to conter a ward in lol!

eXes

09-01-2009

That is not true. You can counter wards (visionwards), they are stealth wards. You cannot counter clairvoyances (they are no WARDS !!!) yet, but the spell gets changes.

Varalen

09-01-2009

When I play Eve I just work around the CVs, If I time my ambush right the moment they see me it's too late. Sight Wards, the ones I can't see is the only real hard counter I have trouble with on most occasions.