How much turret killing ability is too much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patyrn

03-25-2010

I realize this game is about pushing the nexus, but I feel that the kind of damage a carry can do to towers is too much for the game. There's no time to defend unless you see them coming a long way away. Especially with AD TF it is ridiculous how fast he can pull down towers, with no warning at all that he's going to be there.

I personally think maybe 25-30 seconds for one player to kill a tower is reasonable. A whole team could maybe pull it down in 5-10 seconds.

FeelThePoison

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Physical damage carries > all others (in solo queue)

PhoenixBomb

03-25-2010

Man do I love teleport.

But on a serious note, I've found that with a bit of communication to make sure someone is within leaping distance to a tower at all times, nothing but the heaviest pushing champions/most devoted team efforts can bring down a tower (barring error from defending players).

Plus, keep in mind that by the towers' longevity is set to its current state because Riot wants games to be shorter. What you're asking would work against that idea, so I doubt it'll happen.

MMaestro

03-25-2010

If towers are falling:

1. its early game, someone isn't covering their lane. its the player's fault

2. its mid-game, towers are going to fall at this point. deal with it.

3. its endgame, do you SERIOUSLY expect towers to save your ass now? you already lost if you're complaining at this point

inept

03-25-2010

I have an anti-complaint, against teams that can clear a creep wave instantly.. aka sivir/nasus/janna/etc stuff like that.

how the hell do you ever break a turtling team with these characters when you cant even attack their dam turrets? hell evne with baron its not gonna help if you cant get a minion in.

CREEPS DIE 2 FAST 1 CHAMP SHOULD KILL A CREEP IN 25-30 SECONDS WHILE A TEAM EFFORT COULD PULL IT DOWN IN 5-10. thats how it should be.

Madra

03-25-2010

Personally, I think damage done to towers should be based off of some formula that takes into account both attack and ability damage. In DotA, Int based heroes, while probably not attacking as quickly, were still capable of doing a nice chunk of damage to towers. (Orchid Malevolence was a great balancer in my opinion.) With close games being determined by maximizing windows of opportunity, this is an area of the game where competition is being determined by team composition, in and of itself one of the major failings of LoL's current balance. Just my $0.02.

Zeta

03-25-2010

Towers take 40% of your AP in every hit.

That's enormous, especially for Veigar.

Patyrn

03-25-2010

Quote:
3. its endgame, do you SERIOUSLY expect towers to save your ass now? you already lost if you're complaining at this point
It's not about saving ass, it's about 1 player killing an undefended tower way faster than you can get there to defend it. Especially in the case of say TF or pantheon they can simply stand in a bush near your tower, when your team is far away they can start killing it. If you push with 5 for a 5v4, they can teleport back to their team. You can't get there in time to stop them, so this is your only option. You will probably lose the tower before you can force them to TP back.

Sheshi

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Towers take 40% of your AP in every hit.

That's enormous, especially for Veigar.
And its completely useless for the DPS Heroes.

Good day AP Builds we don't need you anymore since towers completely fk you up now, especially since you lose 40% with each hit (3 hits =120% = 0 AP).

Mpalm

03-25-2010

If they would just implement a TP item...