Runes and Items for Twisted Fate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nookyava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-04-2011

I've been playing as Twisted Fate, and I have no idea what runes, and items to get for him, can anyone give me an idea please?

MorikTheMad

06-04-2011

It depends what build you are going for... I have found the champion guides over on leaguecraft to be a reasonable starting point.

Some basic suggestions for runes:
AD build: go for armor penetration, life, armor/MR.
AS build: go for attack speed, life, armor/MR
AP build: MPen, mana regen, ability power

For items, it also greatly depends on your build. The recommended items do reasonably well for an AD build. For AS, nashor's tooth is a pretty good start, along with berserker's greaves.

For AP, I usually start with sheen, then get sorc boots, rabadon's, and finish lichbane. (Then defensive item, then void staff if the game isn't over yet)

Nookyava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-04-2011

Thanks, I'm trying for an AD, since I just like the fact of how fast I attack

What should I go for flat in each, aka, the Marks, Seals, and Glyphs?

S B

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookyava View Post
Thanks, im trying for an AD, since I just like the fact of how fast I attack

What should I go for flat in each, aka, the Marks, Seals, and Glyphs?
Honestly there are better ranged auto attackers in the game than TF (Trist/Cait/Ashe), The most success I've found with TF is a bit hybrid/APish (depending on enemy comp ofcourse).

Nookyava

Recruiter

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
Honestly there are better ranged auto attackers in the game than TF (Trist/Cait/Ashe), The most success I've found with TF is a bit hybrid/APish (depending on enemy comp ofcourse).
So if I were to want to do a Hybrid, what runes, and items do I want to build in game?

TheOnlyJaces

06-04-2011

hybrid i go magic pen , armor , mr/18 , AP quint.
dorans ring
magic pen boots
rageblade
nashor tooth

You want as so ur E hurt a lot. From there u should be dealing really good dmg with auto attack and ur Q

For defense item , well depend of the game.

Cuix

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nookyava View Post
im trying for an AD
1. It's "I'm", not "im". Sorry; I'm a grammar nazi.
2. This is a bad idea. You're completely wasting his Q, and his E is only getting half use.
3. You can get great AS when going AP or AP/AS. His E and base speed make sure that you never feel slow. Here's how:

For runes, I use flat AP marks and quints, CDR seals, and scaling AP glyphs. These runes are also useful on many other champs, giving an incredibly powerful early game to help lay a foundation for your late game. MPen marks/quints would also work gorgeously, as would AS seals.

For masteries, I run a standard 9/0/21, mastering Teleport and Flash. Always get Teleport as TF; he owns the map at that point. Flash can be switched out for Ghost easily. Fortify, Rally, and Revive are supposedly viable, but I'm not so sure.

Start off with either an Amp Tome or a Sapphire Crystal. Amp Tome for silly power and a high chance of first blood, Sapphire Crystal for more consistent harass and general safety. Always always always get W first. Blue cards for last hitting and mana regen, red cards for harass, gold cards for kills and zoning. Get an early point in E for some oomph and CDR, and from there focus on maxing W. Getting more points in E and Q is perfectly acceptable; TF is really flexible in his skill order.

Build into an early Sheen and Sorc Boots. By now, you should be getting a pretty good consistent nuke with gold card/sheen proc/stacked deck, so your laning gets a bit safer. Be careful, keep farming up, and wait for level 6 if you haven't hit that yet. At 6, be watchful for gank opportunities. Securing early kills is HUGE. Farm up for a Blasting Wand, a Malady, a Needlessly Large Rod, or a Stinger/Nashor's Tooth.

Your late game items should be:
Lich Bane
Sorc Boots
Zhonya's Hourglass

(AP build)
Rabadon's Death Cap
Wit's End
Guardian Angel or Void Staff

(AP/AS build)
Malady
Nashor's Tooth
Wit's End

This ensures some solid durability (MR from LB and Wit's End, armor from hourglass), a powerful proc from LB, good-to-great AP, and good-to-great AS.

cougher0

06-04-2011

AP tf is the best. The 'Q' range is very large not to mention the damage is quite good. By going hybrid/AD you're very close to the enemies and tf has no natural escapes. I'd suggest giving AP tf a try, kite with your 'Q'.
Items:
rabs
lich
zhonyas
void
BV
merc treads

shamonbabe

Nookyava

Recruiter

06-05-2011

Thank you everyone! I've found out a good thing, with me building attack speed marks, flat out, divinity sword, the maldreds razor, etc. Thanks!