DannyL's Champion Tier List. (2.0)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medjaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Though I'm not too much of a poster on the forums, I feel this list is accurate. This applies mostly higher ELO matches where you can choose your team.

Top Tier:

Jax: What can I say? Too much HP, An AoE stun and can stack damage like a pro. Deserves #1

Fiddlesticks: 3 Useful abilities, and one that can help you Jungle. A perfectly timed Prostorm can be game changing

Sivir: An extremely easy hero, built in banshee's veil, AoE ult (Which does alot, mind you), and amazing farming skills.

Alistar: Best tank in the game. His Ultimate allows perfect Tower Dives, and Flash + Pulverize can easily become Malphites ult. His heals are great too.

Taric: Can throw 400+ heals on himself, and can drop the cooldown fast. His ult is rally, except it lasts 10x longer and is 2x better. Taric is an amazing support hero

Nidalee: 7 abilities. ****. Her heal, Skill shot and bush control are already amazing, and Cougar mode can provide some strong damage when needed

High tier:

Corki: Probably the best ranged DPS out there, his only flaw is he doesn't have a true CC.

Annie: AoE stun (It's an AoE. Trust me), A quick cool down, damage dealer. Her caster spells dominate, but she still lacks some way to get out

Malphite: Though Alistar can copy his ult, Malphite still has amazing defensive stats, and an AoE CC.

Anivia: One of the hardest heroes to play, Anivia has a great passive, slows and high damage. The passive does lose luster in team fights, and does little early game.

Tristana: High damage stat, Healing reduction, escape ability. Trist lacks a real heavy damage besides autoshot, but is still a great ranged support

Nasus: The second best pusher, Nasus's ult is great for Pseudo-tanking, doing moderate damage. He has the best slow (55% reduction at level 1?), and some moderate damage.

Strong Tier:

Amumu: His skill shot stun, and ultimate can set him up for an amazing AoE damage fest, but he lacks much beyond that.

Soraka: With the right team, Soraka is amazing. Everywhere else, nope.

Morgana: Flash really ruins her ultimate, but her CC, AoE damage and Shield are very useful to a team.

Twitch: Some consider him the best DPS ever, but Twitch has flaws. His ultimate can be amazing, but has to be set up well.

Ashe: Her ultimate really is why she's here. She makes sure you can get away, and they can't. Plentiful Bounty needs fixing.

Ezreal: With the buff, Ezreal's gotten some bulk he really needed. His focus on skill shots can be tricky, but the right player can steal buffs like a mad man.

Warwick: Warwick is really like a one-trick pony. He'll take out any jungler, or Fiddlesticks. It may not sound useful, but his ability to be such a hard counter is what puts him here.

Rammus: Rammus is really the last of all the tanks you'll pick, but his Taunt is a nice CC.

Average Tier:

Kayle: Her ult is what makes her special. 2 subpar abilities, a weak heal and a bad passive.

Nunu: His ult is only good for changing who's being targeted, and he lacks any more damage then that. Blood Boil is semi useful, but not game changing

Zilean: With a good friend, Zilean can shine. His ultimate wont save you if you lose a team fight, but if you win it, it'll be amazing.

Blitzcrank: Not much a tank, not much of a DPS, Blitzcrank's got the best arm in the game. He can forcefully initiate, but beyond that, he isn't too special

Poppy: Her Ultimate is a free invincibility (If you use it right). She can be an amazing tower diver, but lacks the CC of a tank or the DPS of a carry

Kassadin: Kassadin loves to hit and run, but he only has 3 abilities (What's Netherblade?). He'll get away, but wont leave much a mark.

Ryze: When you encounter a Ryze, he'll burst out 3/4's of your HP. Then Ryze has to run away because he can't shell out any more damage. He lacks the ability to keep on fighting.

Twisted Fate: With the rework, TF wont triple kill. Luckily, he can still backdoor like a champ and get a couple of kills, but still lacks the ability to truely carry.

Shaco: Shaco will get first blood, but the recent nerfs have caused him to lose alot of the potential he had. Too much burst and Bush control.

Gragas: Gragas will throw a couple barrels, and get a few creep kills. Gragas can keep you moving, and has some fat, but lacks the damage he really needs.

Overshadowed Tier:

Gankplank: A DPS who has ONE damage dealing ability, but it can suffice. Though it hits hard, his Ult is very situational and Gankplank has alot of speed, but has trouble hitting in Melee

Karthus: Karthus eats mana faster then a fat kid and big macs. His ultimate has a problem because, they shouldn't be getting away with 200 HP or less.

Cho'gath: People like to call Cho'gath a tank. He's not. After he reaches 4+ stacks, he'll be focused and lose his extra 400 HP. He can't do much damage, and his CC's aren't that effective.

Singed: Singed wont stop running. His real problem is if you can't keep them behind you, you wont damage them.

Dr. Mundo: Sure, you'll throw alot of cleavers, but the only real time you'll get a kill is when they're running away. He still has some meat on him, and can deal a few hits.

Sion: His CC is target specific, and he really never becomes the focus of a fight. He can hardly shell out damage, and his life as a tank is limited.

Teemo: Teemo is too based on items to be a real threat. He's too thin, has no CC, and his only real use is damage wards.

Pantheon: Though he can stun, he's not a tank, he's not a DPS. He can backdoor.

Low tier:

Udyr: It's 1v1, Udyr has you stunned, regenerating, and is doing heavy damage. Then it's 2v2. Udyr is leaving one of them completely open to wailing on them.

Katarina: She can do the ONLY multi-target Healing reduction. All other 3 abilities? Not too great. Her ult does too little, Killer Insticts is sort of useful, and Shumpo is just for running.

Mordekaiser: Killing a Mordekaiser early is an amazing feat. His shield and HP make him extremely difficult to kill. But the shield doesn't scale fast enough, and he has no CC to be a tank.

Janna: Barely holding her ground above Trash tier, Janna can only move people around. Her shield is kind of useful, but she has nothing more then...moving.

Trash Tier:

Heimerdinger: The change did't do anything. Heimerdinger will defend a lane. No one can pass it. Problem is, there are 3 lanes.

Master Yi: All he does is auto attack. Unlike Tristana, he's melee, so he'll enjoy getting killed while Auto-Attacking

Tryndamere: Can't hit that hard, can't move that fast, and a terrible ultimate. "but it's like, 5 seconds of invuln!". It's 1 hit and 4 seconds of running so you can live.

Evelynn: Too squishy, can't actually hurt you. Sure, she might take off half your HP in that hit, but now she's stuck between 5 enemies.

Veigar: The least (Short joke) for last. His abilities are too small time (Short Joke) to do anything. His stun is the only slightly useful thing. Alone, his Ult can be flashed out of, Dark matter is too little (Short Joke) of a radius to hurt. And his passive takes a tiny (Short Joke) ability power.

Is your favorite hero not where you want them to be? A Thumbs Down wont change that. Make a post, and I might consider changing their placement if you have a good enough reason.

noskill5

03-25-2010

Who are you anyway? This your first post or something?

Edit: Lol @ Nidalee > Nasus.

Maladict

03-25-2010

Decent tier, but we already have too many of these.

PhoenixBomb

03-25-2010

Thank you for regurgitating what most people already know, with your own lil taste of whatever thrown into it. We needed it.

For srs.

JunkRamen

03-25-2010

Probably the most accurate tier list now that L0CUST isn't posting anymore

Medjaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by noskill5 View Post
Who are you anyway? This your first post or something?

Edit: Lol @ Nidalee > Nasus.
I've always seen Nidalee better then Nasus, I mean, Nasus can be good, but Nidalee just has more going, with the heal, bushwhack, all around everything.

JunkRamen

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladict View Post
Decent tier, but we already have too many of these.
We have L0CUST's, who is no longer being updated. Tiberius', which I highly doubt any competitive player would agree on. Then we have a bunch of random ones based on casual games. I don't see what's wrong with this one aside from a few champs here and there

bnaM

03-25-2010

hm... veigar can have unlimited AP, and i just got 791 AP with him... not really trash tier when he can two hit almost any hero

LoL is too buggy

03-25-2010

Hated it the first time: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=81116

Worst Talon EU

Recruiter

03-25-2010

I agree with most of this, there are a few champs I noticed that were in odd spots, the two that I disagree with is Kassadin and Karthus, they need to be bumped up some, Karthus especially, his Magic reduction/slow wall along with his defile can definatly turn team fights. And a well played Kassadin can win games, A great example off the top of my head would would be Kijik. There, opinion stated.