Annie Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Screech79

03-25-2010

Hey all im pretty new to Lol been really enjoying it. I have been reading alot of guides and getting a handle on a few champions. I really love playing Annie.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on items for her i have read the guides and i basicaly go

Sapphire Crystal
Catalyst the Protector
Boots of Speed
Mejai's Soulstealer
Sorcerer Boots
Then blasting rods to get the z ring

am i missing out on any other must have items?

Seems to be workign out ok the ring is really great then i dont know what to buy after that if the game lasts any longer maybe rod of the ages

Zilok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Well ive played annie a lot (shes my favorite champion) and your build is very similar to mine, except that you get the ring much earlier than i do, i wont say its a bad choice, u seem to play more aggressively than me but anyways id recommend you to buy rod of ages before the z ring, this is because the RoA takes like 15 mins to build up the mana and hp bonus, and this bonus is just too useful for mid and late game. After this you can get your happy-pwn ring, and also consider buying sometime in the game a rylais scepter, this item will just turn you into a killing machine(with more hp!) that will rarely let escape someone plus: tibbers aura will slow EVERYTHING IN RANGE

PhoenixBomb

03-25-2010

It's kind of personal preference, but you should very likely do something with your catalyst before completing the ring. It really depends on the other team and how well you are doing.

If you see an enemy team with a lot of disables/displacement moves, such as Blitzcrank, Alistar, Fiddle, or the like, I'd consider rushing a Banshee's Veil. This is also a good option if there are a number of casters on the other team.

If you're doing exceptionally well, then it's kind of a toss-up. If it's JUST you doing well, and the rest of your team is not, then don't wait on the Zhonya's and get a RoA. This will let you continue to scale into the lategame, which, if the rest of your team is doing poorly, is where the game will likely go. Also keep in mind that with your build, most of your AP relies on Mejai's. If you're not getting extremely high stacks, Zhonya's isn't worth it until you have some more AP for the multiplier to work with. If you're all doing decent/stomping them, rush the Zhonya's, and then finish up the catalyst into a BV.

wildfire393

03-25-2010

Here's some advice:

Incinerate gets more damage per level than Disintegrate, so you should focus on leveling that first. But start with a single point of Disintegrate, as it has a low low cooldown and can be used to last-hit minions easily without costing mana and as such builds up stun charges. When you are energized, try to use Disintegrate to stun the enemy then immediately run into range and Incinerate (make sure to get a few autoattacks in) for some fairly massive damage. When you hit 6, your new combo becomes Bear -> Incinerate -> Disintegrate, which should pretty much instagib people.

Screech79

03-25-2010

Wow thanks guys for the replys some good ideas in there.

By the time i normaly have the ring i find im very useful to the team as with someone thats distracted its a very easy kill with stun tibbers.
I have thought about getting the rod eariler but when i have the ring it doesnt seem to matter anymore heh

I find i have alot of trouble staying alive unless i stay well back and i cant over extend myself as i die very fast. Im guessing thats the trade of to being able to nuke

I play very defencive early and wait for people to over extend which doesnt happen to oftern.

Does anyone use anything thats makes Annie a little tougher to kill?

I really love Annie something about a little girl with her teddy and a huge fire ball in the other hand haha

Seltenspieler

03-25-2010

I usually build tear of goddess after catalyst and boots for the extended mana pool on every spell use, then RoA, then Archangels staff.
Idk the exact stats on these, but there seems to be quite some health in there, since i normally don't die that easy and most times the game is over before i can think of a 4th item to build.

HanzGruber

03-26-2010

I build my Annie a bit differently.

1. faerie charm + rejuv bead + health pot
2. haunting guise + boots 1
3. merc treads or sorc boots + codex + kage's pick (or grasp if I have the money)
4. grasp (if I didn't get it)

I'm shooting to get both rylies and abyssal scepter. So what I get from here is dependant upon my opponents. Giant's belt and negatron cloak will both help keep me alive. Or if that isn't a problem, I grab blasting wands. Either way, I try to finish rylies first and abyssal scepter second. If I see the opposition stacking MR, I'll shoot for the void staff instead of abyssal scepter. Though that's a rare case.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-26-2010

fireball first
cone second
shield at level four and then level third
last hit with fireball, dont harass needlessly and conserve mana
when you have a stun up force them away from the creeps with it or sock em in the face with a 1 2 nuke combo, hit them once, and run away before they can retaliate
eventually get a kill with a flash 1 2 stun and nuke and an ignite

if you cant master the above and outplay any mid, then don't bother getting mejais before your rod of ages, annie is a better team fighter than ganker, and stacks come easily when it gets to the team fights.

snowball items are for snowballing. if you dont have a kill by the time you get a mejais, chances are you wont be getting many with it anyway
fireball has a 3 second cd, spam that **** when youre trying for a kill, cast it first and it will be up again after you go through the rest of them

KhaoticImp

03-26-2010

MP really helps annie.
Sometimes ill pick up haunting guise if it looks like I wont be getting the sorc boots

RoA - Soulstealer if it looks like I can get away with it
Either Abyssal scepter or Void staff.
Sorc/merc boots
Ryalis If they like to FF me
Zhonya;s Ring otherwise

JKPolk

03-26-2010

I tend to play a tankier annie. I get RoA, situational boots, and then tend to start working on a Frozen Heart/Banshees Veil depending on the DPS of the other team. Annie isn't meant to be Veigar/Ryze, she's got one of the higher base HPs for casters and it's good to make use of that.
With Frozen Heart and Tome you can get tibbers down to 72s cooldown or less with runes, he's always a great way to initiate a fight.

The best part of the build is the fact that as a caster I can have 220 armor with shield up; being targeted essentially wastes all of the other teams' time. Naturally, if your team already has a really good tank champ, disregard all of this and build a 600 AP annie.