[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

04-02-2010

let us know what you discover. AFAIK, that's how it works.

Phi Trigger

04-02-2010

You should try brutalizer -> sotd -> last whipser -> madred's bloodrazor -> infinity edge -> for major item order, phantom dancer replaces brutalizer in the end. The first 3 together produce some really insane damage through the armor penetration combo. With armor penetration runes for your reds and quints, its going to be 0 armor for anything lower than about 120 armor. That's alot of armor! If your targets are packing lots of hp and not armor, which is popular on AP users since armor and ap don't seem to get along on items, you can pack madred's before last whisper.

If you are in question about madred's, just do some math. At level 18 even the champs with small hp have 2000 hp, and that's 80 magic damage a swing bonus. 160 bonus vs 4000hp targets, which is of course the high end. That's a ton of damage. With all the armor penetration, physical damage would be cooler than magic, but most of your first targets just won't have much magic resist anyway and it's going to kick their ass.

Wit's end main power is that it's 42 damage is unmitigated - meaning irreducible. That's a cool skill, but most champs really don't care about the mana loss before they are dead anyway. This item is best used on champs with high attack speed but no attack damage and no slots that can be dedicated to attack damage. A great example is nunu, who has great attack speed with his W, but you will largely be going for AP on him to maximize his effectiveness. However, madred's is strictly better than wit's end but takes longer to build, however the combo is very nice as last 2 item slots. I'd give it a shot on sion too, since he get's bonus attack speed on his ult, after an AP build early, and ezreal seems like a prime candidate as well also after a 4 slot ap build.

Excession

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi Trigger View Post
Wit's end main power is that it's 42 damage is unmitigated - meaning irreducible. That's a cool skill, but most champs really don't care about the mana loss before they are dead anyway. This item is best used on champs with high attack speed but no attack damage and no slots that can be dedicated to attack damage. A great example is nunu, who has great attack speed with his W, but you will largely be going for AP on him to maximize his effectiveness. However, madred's is strictly better than wit's end but takes longer to build, however the combo is very nice as last 2 item slots. I'd give it a shot on sion too, since he get's bonus attack speed on his ult, after an AP build early, and ezreal seems like a prime candidate as well also after a 4 slot ap build.
Wit's End's mana burn is converted into magic damage, therefore, is mitigated by magic resistance. And because Mercury Treads and Banshee's Veil is so popular, it's really only god for the laning phase, mid game it does like 20-ish bonus damage, 20 is they have a Banshee or are stacking MR, it does close to nothing.

Eledhel

04-11-2010

The Eledhel would like to express his approval of the Benadryl Jackson, although they both know he doesnt need it. The Benadryl likes a fine brew and he also promotes a fine control of the Twisted Fate. The Benadrul also is a **** good read.

The Benadryl gets approval from the Eledhel.

Haelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

'course I still roll with the Benadryl, but a wisened version of myself has changed my pacing of late.

I usually replace the Doran's Blade with the Doran's Shield; keeps myself nice and healthy in the beginning phase and leads me to those last second ganks. Then I've stopped getting Berserker all together - as nice as they are, I've attack speed/crit chance runes and talents respectively to make up for it, plus I usually get enough cash to maintain Elixirs of Agility which are ****ed delicious.

So instead, I nab a Ninja Tabi or a Mercury's Treads depending on enemy composition. Both give me decent mobility, both give me decent survivability - gotta love them.

Then I get the 'ol Trinity Force as usual, first the Zeal and then the Phage, Sheen, and Trinity.

But here's where I've deviated post-SoTD change: instead of SoTD (unless I'm facing a Jax/Yi team), I nab Phantom Dancer at this stage instead of later game.

With its minor buff, my god are things great at this point. +45% Attack Speed, +30% Crit Chance, +20% Dodge (great with the Ninja Tabi), and another 12% Movement Speed. That's the best part - a Trinity, a Phantom, and Boots, feels like I'm on some ****ed perma-Ghost or something and critting all of the ****ed time at the speed of light.

Then Last Whisper or Wit's End depending again on team comp (usually LW), Infinity Edge, and I sell the Doran if the game lasts long enough for me to nab a Black Cleaver, or if I really want to be a *****, another Phantom Dancer so the attack speed / crit chance caps and I say "hi."

Feel like I'm TF hyped up on some illegal substance. And it's good.

Kyruel

04-13-2010

why shouldnt points be put into lethality, i couldnt find the post giving reasons against it and it seems like +10% crit dmg is very good so im quite confused.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-13-2010

teehee

Kinney

04-13-2010

Hm. I use similar items, but I don't tend to rush Triforce components.

Anyone experimented with the new Stinger at all? 40% AS and 10% CDR seems kinda sexy for TF, and it's super quick to rush if you buy a Dagger at start.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

04-13-2010

I want my forum title to show up Benadryl

Kinney

04-13-2010

In terms of what NOT to get on TF, I saw some ****ing idiot with Tiamat today. I threw up a little.

12345678 ... 14