[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHero View Post
wat? You're in my Elo bracket.
Maybe when I'm solo queuing, or playing with a level 18 friend, but not when I'm in a 4-5 man premade.

Excession

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balders View Post
I am by no means in high ELO, but people in mid-low elo dont suddenly become unimportant. Saying 'u cant do this in high elo' does make you arrogant and a wanker.
Saying 'I prefer AP because it alows me to play more carefully in team fights and perhaps survive longer' is a better way to put it and keeps you smelling less like an elitist fkwit.

ill put my opinon in but being mid-low elo you may stick your nose up at it, I love playing AS TF, it makes for very fun agressive gameplay, i will most certainly die more than i do as AP but i will get alot more kills and do alot more damage.
look im not trying to insult anyone. i like AP tf. if you dont thats fine with me. Im just saying that ability power works better for me.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excession View Post
look im not trying to insult anyone. i like AP tf. if you dont thats fine with me. Im just saying that ability power works better for me.

Baby, you know Benadryl Jackson welcomes dissenting opinions...as long as they're on topic. I'll chat all day about attack speed versus damage and various build orders on this style of Twisted Fate, but you're espousing the virtues of AP TF, which is a whole different ball game. That's like coming into a thread titled "How to Eat Apples: The Benadryl Jackson way" and saying "nah dude, you should be eating oranges".

If all you're gonna do is come into Benadryl's guide and waste space talking about some unrelated AP TF nonsense, I'll have to ask you to leave. I expect you'll be gone by the time I finish pouring a new glass of Southern Comfort.

Magikarp

03-31-2010

Do you think rageblade or malady would be good on him?

Excession

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl Jackson View Post
Baby, you know Benadryl Jackson welcomes dissenting opinions...as long as they're on topic. I'll chat all day about attack speed versus damage and various build orders on this style of Twisted Fate, but you're espousing the virtues of AP TF, which is a whole different ball game. That's like coming into a thread titled "How to Eat Apples: The Benadryl Jackson way" and saying "nah dude, you should be eating oranges".

If all you're gonna do is come into Benadryl's guide and waste space talking about some unrelated AP TF nonsense, I'll have to ask you to leave. I expect you'll be gone by the time I finish pouring a new glass of Southern Comfort.
Well, then I'll say something constructive, as I used to play AD/AS TF:

Have you tried bloodrazor? It's a very powerful item and with SoTD and maxed Stacked Deck, you hit 2.0 AS, as well +30 AD and a good chunk of armor.

Also, now that TT is in MM, Wit's End is very good for depriving tanks of mana.

Aditionally, Stark's Fervor is also very good. Gives your team life steal, an armor reduction aura, AS, and regen

Benadryl Jackson

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excession View Post
Well, then I'll say something constructive, as I used to play AD/AS TF:

Have you tried bloodrazor? It's a very powerful item and with SoTD and maxed Stacked Deck, you hit 2.0 AS, as well +30 AD and a good chunk of armor.

Also, now that TT is in MM, Wit's End is very good for depriving tanks of mana.

Aditionally, Stark's Fervor is also very good. Gives your team life steal, an armor reduction aura, AS, and regen

That's more like it my man. I have indeed considered Wit's End, and even mentioned it in my guide. Madred's Bloodrazor is another item that I am still experimenting with, and so far it seems pretty good. Stark's Fervor is also fine, BUT I think it's situational since as TF you are naturally inclined to be teleporting all over the place either for ganks or for backdoor lane pushing, thus being away from most of your team.

Churchy

Friend of Urf

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
No. Malady is bad, and you shouldn't get it, unless a very situational situation calls for it. Situationally. You probably won't be in that situation. If you are in doubt whether or not you are in such a situational situation which situationally calls for you to get the very situational malady, you aren't in any situation close to it. Starks is infinitely better in most situations for lifesteal. And for attack speed, SotD, rageblade, madreds, wits end, and last whisper are all much better items.

Rageblade is a fine item in an AS speed in my opinion, as you are working your AS up to get those SD procs, which will scale with the AP. Not my first choice, but a fine item if you so choose.

Edit: Wits end is a very situational item. Hardly worth it if you are facing non-mana users, but if you are up against 5 mana users with no mord/kat/shen/mundo in sight, then a wits end is more or less a bf sword combo meal that throws in 40% attack speed for 300g more! What a bargain!

Benadryl Jackson

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post

OH MY GOD A TALKING MAGIKARP. Maybe I should put the Southern Comfort away...

First, I'll answer the Malady question. I just don't think it's very good. The lifesteal and attack speed are both nice, but if you're in a position to attack them enough to get all those stacks on, they're probably going to die even without those Malady stacks. What I'm getting at is that there are much better items you could be building with your money.

Now as for the Rageblade, I must admit that it seems really good on TF. Perhaps in a different build it would indeed be good, but Benadryl has a few problems with the Rageblade. It's slow to build given it's pricey component parts, and Benadryl doesn't like relying on stacks when he can just be awesome all the time. TF isn't Jax -- you're not going to be able to just sit there auto attacking them all the time. Furthermore, the AP is pretty much worthless to you. Like Malady, I just think there are better buys for your money.

Charmicarmicarmicat

04-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
No. Malady is bad, and you shouldn't get it, unless a very situational situation calls for it. Situationally. You probably won't be in that situation. If you are in doubt whether or not you are in such a situational situation which situationally calls for you to get the very situational malady, you aren't in any situation close to it. Starks is infinitely better in most situations for lifesteal. And for attack speed, SotD, rageblade, madreds, wits end, and last whisper are all much better items.

Rageblade is a fine item in an AS speed in my opinion, as you are working your AS up to get those SD procs, which will scale with the AP. Not my first choice, but a fine item if you so choose.

Edit: Wits end is a very situational item. Hardly worth it if you are facing non-mana users, but if you are up against 5 mana users with no mord/kat/shen/mundo in sight, then a wits end is more or less a bf sword combo meal that throws in 40% attack speed for 300g more! What a bargain!
Except wits end is reduced by magic resist, something people are more inclined to stack than armor.. Not a bad item for him though, as it can burn through tanks mana quickly, making them useless.

Benadryl Jackson

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Except wits end is reduced by magic resist, something people are more inclined to stack than armor.. Not a bad item for him though, as it can burn through tanks mana quickly, making them useless.
Is what you say about Wit's End true? The items in this game are so **** ambiguous sometimes. I mean, look at this thing's description:

"+40% Attack Speed +30 Magic Resistance UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional damage equal to the amount of mana removed."

That makes it sound like it makes your attacks deal additional physical damage, and "remove up to 42" is incredibly vague. Does that mean it removes 42 mana all the time, until there isn't enough mana left to remove that much? Does it mean it is reduced by magic resist, like you say? Holy ****, I need something to drink.

Regardless of how it actually works, I've hardly ever found a strong enough reason to go Wit's End on Summoner's Rift, but Twisted Treeline is a different story. I'm still figuring that map out, but I've gone up against quite a few tank-centric teams that Wit's End completely destroyed.