[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinney

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcabrina View Post
needs more rageblade
Rageblade's fun for ****s and giggles, and you can mow through towers like whoa with it, but what is TF going to do with all that AP and all those bad AP ratios? Rageblade's best left to Jax or Akali.

Calcabrina

05-20-2010

that's the point, rageblade rapes towers. I guess the AP comes in handy for PaC, but the speed is the big thing. Lets you get attack speed without buying lolgreaves or something.

Kinney

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcabrina View Post
that's the point, rageblade rapes towers. I guess the AP comes in handy for PaC, but the speed is the big thing. Lets you get attack speed without buying lolgreaves or something.
Last Whisper is both better for that sort of thing and cheaper, though.

Calcabrina

05-20-2010

I get Last Whisper too :S

loneoutlaw

05-21-2010

Rageblade is pretty god awful.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2010

Alright y'all, time to clear up some nonsense -- Rageblade would be "fine" on TF, sure, but the point is that it would be a waste of gold. So many more cost effective choices exist that Rageblade should be completely ignored.

Owlus Tolemy

05-23-2010

AS/AP is the way to go

Phi Trigger

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl Jackson View Post
Actually, Benadryl Jackson has tried this out on Twisted Treeline before. It's a neat idea with gnarly potential, but I'm skeptical.

Besides the huge cooldown, another problem is that by taking Revive you lose a lot of survivability. Personally I go with Exhaust and Flash, both of which consistently save my life, enable kills, and have relatively low cooldowns. I tested out Revive, and while it is awesome to bust a gypsy nut on their faces, I really have to question whether it's worth it. There's no way I'm getting rid of Flash, so it'd have to be Exhaust -- let's think about that. You might, MIGHT have the right situation to use Revive and do some awesome ****, but that's not guaranteed. You know what is guaranteed? Exhausting their Tristana so she can't do **** for a few seconds while you and your team gun her down, followed by the rest of her team.

To be honest, I'm tempted to try this out again on Summoner's Rift. I still have my doubts, but it might be worth it. I'll give it some more testing and let you know what I think.
Well flash has a pretty gigantic CD as well. The cool thing about going revive is you don't care if they target you first, because you are coming right back. Therefore not having flash isn't as bad as you think. Exhaust is skeptical just because most good DPS champs get cleanse, so unless they have used it it's not gonna be 3 seconds negated or even 1.

The other question is how are you exhausting their trist without dying right away anyway? You have to run way up to be in range.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi Trigger View Post
The other question is how are you exhausting their trist without dying right away anyway? You have to run way up to be in range.
There are countless times where exhaust will save you / get you a kill against a dps champ like Trist. My personal favorites are when people tower dive you and you exhaust them, keeping them in tower range long enough to get killed that way.

You're probably referring to me exhausting Trist in team fights though, so I'll talk about that. While it's true that I'm not going to run through the middle of their team trying to exhaust Trist, I'd never have to do that anyway because:

1.) I Destiny behind them, next to the Trist, or just walk in from the side/back somewhere, where all the squishies are.

2.) Trist Rocket Jumps somewhere trying to kill someone, putting her in range of Exhaust.

3.) It's a team fight dude. **** gets chaotic, and she has be within spitting distance of SOMEONE on my team if she's going to be contributing, and that's often close enough for me to gold card her followed by an exhaust.

Amanita Muscaria

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl Jackson View Post
There are countless times where exhaust will save you / get you a kill against a dps champ like Trist. My personal favorites are when people tower dive you and you exhaust them, keeping them in tower range long enough to get killed that way.

You're probably referring to me exhausting Trist in team fights though, so I'll talk about that. While it's true that I'm not going to run through the middle of their team trying to exhaust Trist, I'd never have to do that anyway because:

1.) I Destiny behind them, next to the Trist, or just walk in from the side/back somewhere, where all the squishies are.

2.) Trist Rocket Jumps somewhere trying to kill someone, putting her in range of Exhaust.

3.) It's a team fight dude. **** gets chaotic, and she has be within spitting distance of SOMEONE on my team if she's going to be contributing, and that's often close enough for me to gold card her followed by an exhaust.
No matter the argument, anticipating death is never a good thing. I'm not even sure why Revive is a summoner spell. Probably the spell with the longest cool down.