I call it, the braindead monkey Kat build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rafke

09-02-2011

Ok, prepare to laugh and downvote me, but it works for me and i don't know why.

First off, rune page. Magic pen marks, health per level seals, cooldown glyphs, move speed quints.

Summoner spells: heal ignite

Masteries: 21/0/9

Strategy: take a solo lane, 1v2 is fine but you have to be careful. Be very twitchy, last hit minions early with Q and basic attack, reserve E for harass or escapes.

Items: start with boots and 3 health pots. After first blood in my lane i usually go back having farmed enough for mobility boots and spirit visage. Afterwards, get a B.F. sword and build it into a bloodthirster. Then hextech revolver, build into gunblade. Then either banshees or rylais depending on the other team's CC. Then you can build a deathcap if the game is really long.

Skill order: Focus Q, second focus E, dont get W until level 13.

Bonuses: extremely hard to gank this lane if you are smart with heal and shunpo, diving is very very easy because you have that extra boost of health from heal and the extra boost of damage from ignite. No need for flash because her passive allows a shunpo out immediately afterwards if you leave yourself a shunpo out. Very easy to gank other lanes and put a hurtin on someone fast because of the mobility boots. Also very easy to choose a good time to jump into a team fight after the other team's cc is down because she can come in from another lane almost when the fight is over and get an easy triple kill or more.

Downsides: Currently the only downside i find with my build is my late game, it doesn't stand up very well compared to other Kat builds, but my early and mid game is fantastic. Also, laning against a Kass really really sucks. But that's Kass so...

Anyways, taunt my build but i go 6+/0 consistently in ranked and norms alike

(There's a reason i call it the braindead monkey build, cause it's completely stupid and ridiculous)

BombBuggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2011

So, basically, you get first blood(unchallenged), don't get harassed, and your enemies are always at the tower with extremely low health, while you are at such high health that you can dive at any time. All the while, you are still getting last hits and not getting touched by them or the jungler.

Hey, I actually think this build would work with most characters really well

Nea De Penserhir

09-02-2011

The only part I agree with here is starting with boots / health pots; And even that depends on how the laning's going to look.

Rafke

09-02-2011

haha ill play kat for a while, u can check my matcd history haha. i suppose it all depends on your play style. mine is very different from others'. but hey it works for me. i was just curious to see how this very odd build would be received

Nea De Penserhir

09-02-2011

The biggest issue is that it doesn't present a very realistic scenario to get the best use out of it; The most effective builds are generally effective in a variety of situations.

The Summoner Spell Heal has it's uses. I will not deny this. But they are few and far between; As a rule of thumb, if you need to use heal, you're already going to die from the damage. Ghost/Flash make a better "I wanna live" tool, for example, by letting you actually escape or getting out of trouble early. 75 gold for a ward is also a superior way to avoid a gank than heal will ever be, and frees up a summoner spell slot; A resource you cannot buy and therefore more valuable than gold.

Spirit Visage...is just an item that I don't believe synergizes that well with Kat. Yes, it'll work with the life steal, but that's mainly abilities as she's not the best AA champion; Ergo, you'd probably get better use using the money for a Spirit Visage towards another item.

I don't see a problem with Boots of Mobility. For the purpose or roaming, chasing, or ganking, it's not terrible; It's not that great for getting away if they land a hit on you, but eh; 6 second Flash > walking.

You really want one point of W before level 13 so you can full damage Q whenever it's up.

If you're going to build a Bloodthirst, you might as well build the Gunblade.

Those would be my main points of contention.