Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ashe Rune Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goodge

03-25-2010

So I have read up on what runes to use for Ashe, and it seems it's best to go armor penetration over critical damage/chance. One of the guides I came across at http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/360,Scoits%27s+Ashe+Guide+goes+LeagueCraft! (http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/360,Scoits%27s+Ashe+Guide+goes+LeagueCraft%21)

suggested that I do something like this:

3 * Greater Quintessence of Fortitude +32.4 Health
9 * Greater Mark of Desolation +1.96 Armor penetration
9 * Greater Seal of Vitality +1.08 Health per level (+19.44 @ lvl 18)
9 * Greater Glyph of Clarity +0.08 mana regen/5sec per level(+1.44 @ lvl 18)

I was wondering what you guys thought and if you knew any more effective builds before I spend all my points buying these.

Rancid Sac

03-25-2010

I would do armor pen for the quints, that health doesnt much matter - you're squishy either way.

i'm currently running a full crit damage page (+46% crit damage wowz) and wish i'd done armor pen for marks and quints

BAGELBOT

03-25-2010

Personally my page is:
Quints - Crit DMG (though I've wanted to try flat HP myself or armor pen)
Red - armor pen, there is no reason you shouldn't
Yellow - Dodge %
Blue - Magic Resist

That being said, I only have enough IP to afford a single rune page atm, and I made this page to go well with lots of other physical dps (and sometimes for other roles). You can switch out the blue definitely, I hear mp5 or perhaps CDR (more volley!) is a good choice. Other than that, I find dodge helps you be a little less squishy with some luck and is an overall good stat to have in general.

wildfire393

03-25-2010

Repeat after me: Crit damage is terrible. Armor Penetration makes your criticals deal more damage than Crit Damage does, and it makes your regular attacks deal more too.

OP's Rune Build is solid, but if you really want a defensive seal, I'd suggest Dodge. You're squishy enough that the HP doesn't help that much, but dodge can save you from a lot of pain from abilities that boost attack (Deceive, Power Fist, Siphoning Strike, Devastating Blow, etc).

Another possibility is Mana Regen Seals and Cooldown Reduction Glyphs. With a 9/0/21 mastery build you end up with 15% Cooldown reduction, which makes for more Volley spam.

Darkfrith

03-26-2010

alright, so this is mine. only at lvl 22 so kinda short a few runes.

2x Greater Quintessence of Desolation (+3.91 armor pen.)
7x Greater Mark of Desolation (+ 1.96 armor pen.)
7x Greater Seal of Evasion ( + .75% dodge)
6x Greater Glyph of Focus (-.65% cooldowns)

Is that good so far, or should i change anything?

CTHDRL

03-26-2010

22 armor pen

some MP5 + CDR

Is what I run.

zoau

03-26-2010

i think the top rated leaguecraft guide recommends armor pen red and quints and mana reg/lvl in seals and glyphs for not having to build any mana this way. crit damage is so 2009, better combine those runes.

EnderA

03-26-2010

Quote:
Darkfrith:
alright, so this is mine. only at lvl 22 so kinda short a few runes.

2x Greater Quintessence of Desolation (+3.91 armor pen.)
7x Greater Mark of Desolation (+ 1.96 armor pen.)
7x Greater Seal of Evasion ( + .75% dodge)
6x Greater Glyph of Focus (-.65% cooldowns)

Is that good so far, or should i change anything?

That's a solid rune set.

EasymodeX

03-26-2010

Quote:
3 * Greater Quintessence of Fortitude +32.4 Health
9 * Greater Mark of Desolation +1.96 Armor penetration
9 * Greater Seal of Vitality +1.08 Health per level (+19.44 @ lvl 18)
9 * Greater Glyph of Clarity +0.08 mana regen/5sec per level(+1.44 @ lvl 18)

Either do:
- Dodge Seals instead of [EMAIL="HP@18"]HP@18[/EMAIL], or
- Mana regen @ 18 for Seals and do CDR for Glyphs.

You don't "need" any mana regen if you have [EMAIL="regen@18"]regen@18[/EMAIL] for Seals (although that assumes you'll get a Catalyst, which does provide mana replenishment).

a strange thing

03-26-2010

Honestly, I recommend throwing in some attack speed runes (my current runes give +20% attack speed, which makes a huge difference). There's pretty much no reason not to use a dps build for Ashe, and you're going to find the extra attack speed very useful.

Armor penetration is useful as well. Don't waste runes on mana regeneration. Mana is rarely an issue later in the game as Ashe, and you can always use the teleport spell to get back mana quickly. In any case, most of your damage is going to come from your base attack, while frost arrow will be used for slows, volley sometimes for slows but often for farming, and crystal arrow to either stun someone or finish someone with low life off.

Cool down runes can be useful I guess, but honestly the cooldown on volley is so low by the end that it's not worth it. And crystal arrow has a surprisingly low cool down time in any case, especially with points put into utility.