Dear Shens

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FergoPwerUnit

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
There are such thing as a carry tank. Rammus is "almost" one of them. Shen is probably the best carry tank there is. I think of all tanks, he has the best single damage output. However, he does sacrifice some survivability for it. He's flexible and can definitely lean more toward one side or the other, depending on situation. In a sense, he's a more tanky, less dps-y version of Udyr. I think he's still best played as a tank, but you would ignore a lot of his potential if you don't use his synergy with damage dealing/healing thingy.

Shen is the best carry tank...besides, you know, Blitz and Nasus, who are much better.

liezryou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-25-2010

Effective Health - Go look it up. At a certain armor/MR point (exact number is determined by DR), stacking health will always be better.

Stormsoul

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
HP stacking is not tanking. You need armor and damage mitigation. I don't care about your passive. You're pretty useless stacking loads of HP and I'd prefer if you got some armor or MR after that warmogs.

Thanks, Nanners.

P.S I know ninja tabi are ninja-y but they are quite rarely the best choice.
idk why shens even get warmogs... so expensive and not really that amazing on him

dorans aegis tabi/mercs frozen mallet is win... 3k health decent mitigation and most importantly its cost effective. lol @ warmogshen

BlueCalx

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by liezryou View Post
Effective Health - Go look it up. At a certain armor/MR point (exact number is determined by DR), stacking health will always be better.
What he said!

Daymon

03-25-2010

I always go warmogs, boots, phage and aegis. I've never been melted by anyone, though I don't play in an elo where Annie walks around with 20 kills, either. In a decent elo without super fed carries, you can easily tank with just pumping hp.

It's incredibly easy to farm with Shen, so warmogs isn't an issue to buy. Every team needs an Aegis and it works well on Shen. If a game goes long enough you grab an Atmas and go to town on everyone.

I do use defensive build though, that could be why I have better survivability then a lot of people here claim to have. Most people seem to have a hard on for offensive tree despite going full tank.

Marmatag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Shen would be far more useful if he didn't have to channel his ult.