Dear Shens

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanners

03-25-2010

HP stacking is not tanking. You need armor and damage mitigation. I don't care about your passive. You're pretty useless stacking loads of HP and I'd prefer if you got some armor or MR after that warmogs.

Thanks, Nanners.

P.S I know ninja tabi are ninja-y but they are quite rarely the best choice.

Widget

Adjudicator

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
HP stacking is not tanking. You need armor and damage mitigation. I don't care about your passive. You're pretty useless stacking loads of HP and I'd prefer if you got some armor or MR after that warmogs.

Thanks, Nanners.

P.S I know ninja tabi are ninja-y but they are quite rarely the best choice.
I've been trying him by taking a bit of hp, and a bit of armor/MR... seems to be working well so far... and I toss on a Starks when I have a physical-y team for team buffs... and a bit of self love.

inept

03-25-2010

warmogs is a terrible item on him in the first place, considering he doesnt farm all that well. better to just a rylai's or mallet and actually provide some useful CC

treads/rylai's/aegis ftw

Exitwounds

03-25-2010

Warden's Mail, Frozen Mallet, Sunfire Cape and Warmog's.

Shen is NOT a DPSer, stop trying to make him one.

pobodysnerfect

03-25-2010

I approve of this message

Nanners

03-25-2010

I'm just tired of seeing shens getting
Warmogs
Ninja Tabi
Frozen Mallet

I have no idea who thought this build seemed attractive to him, or why they all flock to it. Are these his recc. items or something?

Slev

03-25-2010

Dear Exitwounds, tell that to my positive every game 5 v 1 fighting DPS Shen.

inept

03-25-2010

I can make kayle a DPS with an AP build or janna a DPS with physical stuff, doesn't mean they are good at it. stop stomping bads >_> shen isnt dps

Saosinner

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitwounds View Post
Shen is NOT a DPSer, stop trying to make him one.
Not to feed the flame, but I've found that Shen can actually make an excellent DPS'er. Grant it, it's not what he seems to be made for, and it also depends on who you play, but for the last 3 games I've played as Shen, I've built a very effeciant DPS. I went 12/4/8 in my last game with him. All depends on how you build him, I mean, hes like the Tank or AP Gragas, of ninjas.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

There are such thing as a carry tank. Rammus is "almost" one of them. Shen is probably the best carry tank there is. I think of all tanks, he has the best single damage output. However, he does sacrifice some survivability for it. He's flexible and can definitely lean more toward one side or the other, depending on situation. In a sense, he's a more tanky, less dps-y version of Udyr. I think he's still best played as a tank, but you would ignore a lot of his potential if you don't use his synergy with damage dealing/healing thingy.