Sword of the Divine? What's that?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NullDragon

03-25-2010

I would like to call attention here to a very special item, that I've seen a lot of people show their lack of knowledge of. Instead of noting to people that this exists in every single thread, I'm just going to make a single thread about it.

It's called Sword of the Divine. It costs only 2170, and could be made as your first item before you go back to base(if you farm really well). You may wonder, why is this item so good? Well, there are three reasons.

One, it gives you +55% attack speed and +100 damage every fourth attack. This is nice in itself.

Two, it has an active that gives you 30 armor penetration for 5 seconds. Not as good as Last Whisper, but still nice.

Three, you know how exhaust makes you useless for three seconds? How Teemo's blind makes you useless for the same amount? You ever just get plain pissed off when Jax dodges your gold card yet again, and kills you?

Yeah. This fixes that problem. For five seconds, no dodging. No miss chance. Every attack in those five seconds hits.

Just trying to do my part in helping people become aware of that item even if it may not be in their hero's guide or recommended items. Consider buying it if you're up against a bunch of those 'you miss' things and are ranged/melee DPS.

Acrimony

03-25-2010

^this

iLuvGirlz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

OMFG FINALLY, and guses what some people say?! The ACTIVE is TOO SMALL to be useful, heh 5 secs is enough to OWN A JAX just know when to use it gosh!

Barnabus

03-25-2010

This item on Udyr is a win.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

I'm pretty sure if you use divine before they exhaust you, you will still miss like a bltch.

I popped gold -> destiny -> divine -> stun -> trist exhausts -> miss for 4 second -> we both died.

100 magic damage for 700 gold seem meh. Considering it will deduct from m.resist (you're looking at 60-70 dmg every 4th attack if they didn't stack m.resist.)

Not to mention armor penetration doesn't really synergize with magic bonus damage.

Benadryl Jackson

03-25-2010

Wait a minute, let me get this straight: Sword of the Divine stops dodges AND misses? The exact text on the item is:

"UNIQUE Active: Your attacks cannot be dodged and you gain 30 Armor Penetration for 5 seconds."

It mentions nothing about stopping misses from things like Teemo's blind or exhaust. I would be interested to know if it actually negates those things, but as far as I know it doesn't.

Jonas Sterling

03-25-2010

Do some proper testing before making such a bold statement. SoTD's proc does not make you not miss.

Hyfe

03-25-2010

Lol if it really worked as a hard counter for blind and exhaust it would be as epic as you make it seem, but it doesn't, so its not. Still need cleanse for that. Its still a good item though and I often get it on the new TF. Its especially viable whenever playing against Jax ofc.

Zohariel

03-25-2010

The only reason I don't use it is because I have a seriously hard time remembering to use the Active abilities on my items. Same reason I have to deliberately remind myself to use the nuke on Deathfire Grasp. Just doesn't come naturally.

Silent Reaper

03-25-2010

Here is something that most people never realize...

Master Yi + Highlander + Wuju Style + Sword of Divine = Garunteed Kill