Heimer Build Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chapel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Been playing Heimer for a few games post patch and I'm having problems coming up with a solid build for him.

I'm not sure what items compliment his turrets best. I don't think Aegis is that viable anymore with the lower # of turrets you put out.

So far I've been getting some kind of mana regen item to start and health pots. I'm still trying to decide which is the best m regen item for heimer.

After that I get sorc boots then build either a soulstealer if i'm doing ok then a rylai or just rush to rylai.

I think the rockets proccing slow is pretty strong for heimer. Then I build toward a abyssal scepter or zhonya's.

So Items:

1. Mana Regen Item
2. Sorc. Boots
3. Soulstealer / Rylais
4. Abyssal Scepter/Zhonya's

As far as skills go:

R > Q > W > E

The nade's stun is always 1.5s so its not worth putting more than one point in imo.

Palette Town

03-25-2010

> no mejais first

> turrets before nukes

> actually spends skillpoints on -cd

> junior member

Chapel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palette Town View Post
> no mejais first

> turrets before nukes

> actually spends skillpoints on -cd

> junior member
You do know that Heimer's turrets got buffed right?

Sorry I don't have time to make a lvl 11 smurf account just to troll the boards with, but hey do what makes you happy.

Anyhow just watched Phreak stream Heimer his build was:
1. DFG
2. Sorc. Boots
3. Chalice
4. Void Staff
5. Haunting Guise
6. I forget

Not sure I agree with his choices but it seems M. Pen is the way to go with turrets.

SilentWhisper

03-25-2010

priorities with hemi are 1. mana regen, 2. cooldown reduction, 3. AP 4. HP

items.
chalice
deathfire
boots of swiftness (can be fit in at any point while building deathfire)
rylai's
zahonya (interchangable with rylai's if you are getting money fast enough)

last item optional, depending on the team, could be lich bane for some extra damage with regular attacks (and yes that is viable as with max cooldown it is very easy to spam turrets, rockets and grenades quickly) or it could be rod of ages or banshee viel if they have a lot of snares.

getting a ton of mana regen is mandatory, this lets you spam your spells constantly, hemi is a master at farming, harassing and defending when he does not need to worry about mana. cooldown reduction lets you put out more damage (important to have enough mana regen first to take advantage of the reduc). after that get AP to boost your damage and some health so you don't get instakilled if a lucky melee manages to reach you.

I've done excellent in my last several games, won 3 out of 4 with this build and in all of them i was far ahead of everyone else on gold and items and my kill/death/assists ratio were all very good. best one so far is 8/1/16

Diodorus

03-25-2010

dont really need much cooldown reduction with heimer, he has 20% from ult and you can get 9% from masteries. Gettin a deathfire puts you over the cap. so dont put rune for cooldown.

Red: Spell Pen
Yellow: Health (or you can go mana regen)
Blue: AP (flat or stacking)

the reason I do health i yellow cus heimer doesnt have much escape.

Summoner Spells: i use flash/clarity

Could use switch out flash but i like it to escape and also flash next to a person and instant gernade them.

Masteries: 9/0/21

Jman69

03-26-2010

Where can I watch the Phreak video?

DonJuancho

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
You do know that Heimer's turrets got buffed right?

Sorry I don't have time to make a lvl 11 smurf account just to troll the boards with, but hey do what makes you happy.

Anyhow just watched Phreak stream Heimer his build was:
1. DFG
2. Sorc. Boots
3. Chalice
4. Void Staff
5. Haunting Guise
6. I forget

Not sure I agree with his choices but it seems M. Pen is the way to go with turrets.
Nope, not for his own turrets, but enemy turrets. He gets void staff to nade the hell out of towers. Mpen also helps his rockets, as the AP ratio was cut down to 0.50ish from 0.7.

To boost heim turret dmg, you need AP.

Seitori

03-26-2010

Maybe I'm just too spammy, but I'm having a hell of a time even with a Chalice. I've been doing Tear->Archangel's and Clarity instead and I don't feel like I have mana until mid-to-late game. None of the proposed builds have mana; you guys must not be in fights long.

I don't like Mejai's anymore with the change to missiles. Killing blows are difficult to come by now.

Speaking of which, how is everyone feeling about the new missiles vs. nades? I'm not even doing missiles until later now since nades seem to be the only way I can do a decent amount of damage, especially in team fights.

Felgash

03-26-2010

I was picking turrets and missles some time with picking lv1 grenades only for survival, then I switched to turrets + grenades, and to tell you the truth it does way more dmg and spends less mana. You will cast more grenades then missles so you can stay in lane longer.

From items I found that Deathfire Grasp is must. This became my only strong single target spell in early-mid game.
Other items: Aegis, Zhonya's ( kiting enemys around turrets ,hiting Zhonya and your turrets get 2 more sec to snap enemys of )
This is about what I came so far that are must to me. Mana regen should be prio proly, as with reduced cooldowns you will spam more spells for less damage rather then be hiting for high once in 20sec as before.

keftes

Recruiter

03-26-2010

Since heimer got his AP coefficient on grenade nerfed hard (0.55 from 0.8) isnt it better to build heimer with a more tank/support oriented way?