Issue 6/2/2011: Missing Elo or Ranked Stats

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

06-03-2011
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Greetings Summoners,

Update:
We are currently working to restore the Elo. However, the process has been delayed. Rest assured I we are still planning to fix this problem and I will inform you if we have any further changes to this plan. However, due to recent events we have been unable to run our script during the scheduled maintenance. We will attempt to resolve the issue during our next scheduled maintenance.

6/8:
UPDATE:
Compensation: Most players have already received their compensation. However there are a few stragglers that we will take care of in the coming days.

6/7:
UPDATE:
Compensation: Affected players have already receive their compensation. Each player received 50IP per game missing.
Elo Return: If all goes well we should be able to return your Elo. Unfortunately, due to the method chosen we have to delay the process further. The new ETA is during the patch maintenance window. However, many things could delay it further(we take modifying player Elo very seriously). This means it may be in the next few weeks. Read the FAQ below for specifics on how this will be done.

6/4
UPDATE: For those who haven't realized it we didn't get to the compensation on Friday. Delayed to early next week.(compensation is now sent out)

6/3
UPDATE 1:39PM: I'd like to stress that ETA stands for Estimated Time of arrival. ETA for compensation: Sometime today(had to push this back). ETA for stat fix: Early next week
UPDATE 1:35PM: We should be able to return the lost elo to some degree. The system will not be perfect but it will take into account the missing games and games played after we fixed the problem. Bottom line: playing now will help your elo if you win and your previous elo gains are not lost.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Riot is aware that some players are missing their ranked statistics are elo.

Who does it affect?
It affects users who are new to ranked games around May 27th to June 2nd

Symptoms:

• Elo is reset
  • Some games are missing from W-L on the profile tab but appear in Ranked Stats

We hotfixed the issue during the platform reset last night(June 2nd). Ranked Stats will be functioning properly from here on out.

We realize that the first foray into ranked games is a very special time for many players. I apologize profusely that this experience hasn't been the smoothest for you. I ask for your continued patience during this time while we resolve this issue. Rest assured we are aware and making it a priority to make this right.

FAQ:
Q:Is it my account? Am I cursed?
A:
It only affects players who began ranked and played within the timeframe listed. Rest assured the issue is resolved now and further resetting will not occur.

Q:Will I receive my statistics back?
A:
Yes.

Q:Will playing now increase my elo?
A:
Yes. The issue causing stats to be periodically reset has been resolved. Any new Elo gained will be factored into your stats when they are restored.

Q:Will we be compensated?
A:
Affected players were compensated for 50IP for each missing game.

Q:How will my Elo be returned?
A:
We use an algorithm that will:
1) Never lower your elo
2) Raise you to your previous value if it was higher
3) Accommodates for Elo earned both pre and post reset.
TLDR; If you earned it your Elo will go up.

Q from Fr4ed: Could it be due to Season 1 coming to an end....?
A:
Nope. It was simply an error on our end tracking the statistics.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2011

Thanks for the update Brentmeister, it's great to see Riot giving this information to the community :-)

Gooshma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-03-2011

I appreciate the reply regarding this topic. I have two questions that I'm hoping can be answer:

1. If we play ranked games now, will they be added onto our ELO after it is restored? If not, how will this be handled?

2. Can you provide an ETA for when this issue will be resolved? I always appreciate it when you guys announce the progress in resolving an issue.

Thanks.

itscake

06-03-2011

This whole thing has been disappointing, I'm afraid to play ranked games now because I don't know if the stats will be saved/my elo will remain and whether my effort will be worth it.

Fuusion

06-03-2011

I appreciate the reply regarding this topic. I have two questions that I'm hoping can be answer:

1. If we play ranked games now, will they be added onto our ELO after it is restored? If not, how will this be handled?

2. Can you provide an ETA for when this issue will be resolved? I always appreciate it when you guys announce the progress in resolving an issue.

Also wondered.

Thanks and Good Work!

+0

HookD

06-03-2011

thanks for the update guys, my ranked stats have completely dissapeared so im hoping this is able to be restored

Brentmeister

06-03-2011
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuusion View Post

Also wondered.

Thanks and Good Work!

+0
1) Yes
2) Added

Brentmeister

06-03-2011
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adac27 View Post
Does Riot know (and plan to fix) the bug where some people's ELO rating is not being displayed even though they played enough ranked games (and are not listed on the ladder either?). Attached is two of my friends who played 137 and 12 ranked games respectively, but are still unranked. This doesn't affect all people, but I have seen this bug with other people too. If there is no bug, then just ignore this message, but those two people, as well as others, seem to be missing an ELO ranking. (Names purposely removed from post, if Riot wants me to post their names, I will do so).
This is intended behaviour. The persons elo is likely below 1200. In this case, we do not display it. We also don't display it until you have a certain number of games under your belt.

Adac

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
This is intended behaviour. The persons elo is likely below 1200. In this case, we do not display it. We also don't display it until you have a certain number of games under your belt.
I didn't know that. Thank you for the quick update!

Gooshma

Recruiter

06-03-2011

Thanks a lot for the quick response and posting updates. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates them !

1234511 ... 19