Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP trist build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BWaffles

Recruiter

03-25-2010

After playing AP trist in TT, I found that, while really good, I have trouble surviving in the late game. Does anybody have any item suggestions?

wildfire393

03-25-2010

If survivability is your problem, focus on items like Rod of Ages, Rylai's Scepter, and Abyssal Scepter that give you a defensive stat in addition to AP. Additionally, Zhonya's gives you a two-second stasis that you can use to survive after blowing your load of spells, potentially long enough to get your jump back and get out (especially if any of your targets die, as that refreshes it right away).

Estic

03-26-2010

Why would you want AP Trist?
She's made to do constant dmg. With AP, you can get a kill here and there, but the most important thing is to stay behind the tank and get them all down bit by bit with rapid fire.
If you feel that you need more surv, get Frozen Mallet.

BWaffles

Recruiter

03-26-2010

Well, I said in my first post that it was in TT. I've never actually had a game in a TT match. I only use AP Trist there.

Blaz3king

03-26-2010

Quote:
BWaffles:
After playing AP trist in TT, I found that, while really good, I have trouble surviving in the late game. Does anybody have any item suggestions?

i Couldn't finish that statement. You just dont play AP trist. AD is a 100 times better. Im not trying to be mean but your never gonna be that great with trist unless you go Ad or your fighting really bad people.

BWaffles

Recruiter

03-26-2010

And that is a fact I've slowly been learning. I apologize for making bad decisions.

Blaz3king

03-26-2010

Quote:
BWaffles:
And that is a fact I've slowly been learning. I apologize for making bad decisions.

i understand im not trying to be mean, but if you look at her stats and her ap ratios, she is not the character to be build ap.

xahhfink6

03-26-2010

^^ You could listen to these people, or if you want actually useful advice:

Like wild said, getting at least one survivability item, prefereably zhonyas... but one of the best thigns you can do is after getting your mejais and lichbane, build a couple of more AS/AD items, like Ginsoo's rageblade and a BF Sword... you'll keep the same playstyle but be able to contribute to fights where the enemy team is too close together to single out and kill one of them. It will also let you continue to be a threat if you do die (rare that you can go a whole game without a single death) so you have damage sources beyond the mejais.

Keep it up AP trist players, she is a ridiculous threat and the Queen of Twisted Treeline...

Also Blaz3king has no idea what he is talking about because .8, .8, and 1.5 are really good ratios, especially with such low cooldowns.

Crazyloopedtrack

03-27-2010

trist is dps? wtf is this?

YellowSnowsicle

03-27-2010

Quote:
xahhfink6:

Also Blaz3king has no idea what he is talking about because .8, .8, and 1.5 are really good ratios, especially with such low cooldowns.

I was about to come post this. Trist's AP ratios are amazing. Not to say she should be built AP....