[Champion Idea] Abbott, the Cowboy from Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I8C SRS FACE

03-25-2010

So I was listening to Pantera a second ago and this idea kind of stuck with me. Shut up. There is also a lack of cowboy characters, and the only characters that ride something are Nunu and Corki. This must be remedied.

Also, I am proving myself a major hypocrite for making a champion suggestion thread. Sue me. It's fun. I'm not good with numbers so I'm not even going to throw those around. This is just concept only. I'm not a big fan on attempting to completely balance the damage potential of moves on a character that'll never get implemented.

I don't think there are enough tanks that actually counter other tanks. Amumu should on paper but as it's easy to get magic resist, his Despair loses a lot of it's effectiveness against high HP targets. The real way to be a counter-tank tank would be to have a mechanism to surge past their front towards their back troops and then keep the enemy tank from being able to stun your teammates, AND would also counter characters with high armor. So, those are my goals here. Feedback is definitely welcome and suggestions for alternate moves will be noted.

Appearance
Undead dude on a flaming hellhorse. Gotta have a badass cowboy hat and epic chops. He'll wield a civil war Cavalry sword.

Skills
<passive> Dread Cowboy - Enemies quake in fear at the sheer bad-assedness of Abbott. Enemy champions within a certain radius of Abbott have lowered armor by a similar amount to how enemies lose MR while near Fiddlesticks.

<q> Charge! - It'd be a dash-type move, where after a second channel (the animation that'd play would be his horse rearing back, then dashing forward), he'd charge toward a target position quickly. Enemies caught in the path would be feared for 1 second and would take X amount of damage. The damage would scale per level while the fear would not. It'd also have a surprisingly long range for a dash skill (maybe 700 or 800 range) because of the short channel and the fact he wouldn't instantly get to the target location (similar to Tryndamere's spin).

<w> Calf Rope - If you guys have played Heroes of Newerth, this would work similar to Puppet Master's strings attack. What it'd do is "root" a character in place. They can still move up to a certain radius but they get slower towards the end of the attack range, then it snaps them back to where they were snagged. No idea how to scale it per level. Perhaps increase the duration.

<e> Six Shooter - Pulling out his trusty revolver, Abbott's next 6 attacks gain damage and have 400 range. Thoughts behind this one is that he'll need a way to get last hits early game and it'd be a skill like Mundo's or Sion's that would allow him to increase his damage output without having a +damage item, allowing him to focus on tanky items first.

<r> Cemetery Gates - Abbott turns target friendly minion into a badass skeleton. It'd have 50% damage reduction from turrets and would be under Abbott's control much like Tibbers. It'd have a minor Black Cleaver-like effect that reduces armor of enemies and champions struck him that would stack up to a certain level. My thoughts here are that promote is long-gone and it'd be cool to have an ability similar to that but obviously individually better as it's an ultimate.

Feedback
If people actually reply to this thread, I'll save this spot for keynotes. My only concern I've got with him so far is I'm not sure his ultimate syncs well with the rest of his abilities. It gives him a way to push towers, though, and could be potentially threatening combined with his passive. It'd have to be easier to kill than either Tibbers or ghosts from Mordekaiser's ult, but still a threat when a team starts to push a tower.

stickblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Sounds like a good idea, slightly inspired by Ghost Rider?

I8C SRS FACE

03-26-2010

No, honestly, I was just listening to Pantera and thought of a champion inspired around the song title "Cowboys from Hell." Honest to god truth.