Strongiest / Best / Fav Burster/Nuker:

Anivia 29 23.58%
Annie 60 48.78%
Veigar 13 10.57%
Ryze 21 17.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Anivia vs Annie vs Veigar vs Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Yet, Annie's damage is high enough that she isn't simply a 1 combo champ. Annie isn't Malphite. Q still has very significant damage when there isn't a stun or bear behind it. W is still an AoE stun, one with a pretty short "cooldown." You say "all Annie can do is burst down one person." Even if that were true, that's pretty good in itself. Turning the fight into a 4v5 immediately sounds pretty good to me.

Tibber stun has a pretty long range. She has to get into dangerous range to use W, but if she's stupid enough to W without any other positional threats on her team pressuring your opponent, then of course Anivia will be better.

So to set up Annie's stun, she just need a target in range of Tibbers or possibly Flash + Tibbers. For Anivia to set up her stun, she needs to set up her ult and wall in such a way that her opponents are all snared and walled in, then she can stun. I'm not saying her stun is bad, but it does require a lot more set-up and has less overall damage than Annie's. Anivia's good at control, everybody knows that.

But really, if Annie's going into dangerous range to use W, Anivia is getting herself in just as much danger if she wants to wall in her opponent.

It takes the same amount of buttons as Annie's [entire]combo and can be done at a longer range.

You will likely stun multiple people.

You will also likely slow all the enemies in the vicinity.

And if you so choose, you can decide where the enemies can and cannot go.

And if someone pops out and kills you?

A few seconds, you're alive again.

And if they wasted their time focusing your egg?

They are all dead because if you're playing Anivia you're in a premade.

So whether you live or die you win the teamfight.

Anivia is a Burst champion, with stupidly low cooldowns, that get stupid lower with CDR, who is difficult to kill and the BEST CC in the game.

Annie is not better. Not by a longshot.

P.S. You can stun though terrain. You can ult through terrain. You can put a wall up through terrain. Annie does not have the versatility, and is more situational than Anivia.

JunkRamen

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
It takes the same amount of buttons as Annie's [entire]combo and can be done at a longer range.

You will likely stun multiple people.

You will also likely slow all the enemies in the vicinity.

And if you so choose, you can decide where the enemies can and cannot go.

And if someone pops out and kills you?

A few seconds, you're alive again.

And if they wasted their time focusing your egg?

They are all dead because if you're playing Anivia you're in a premade.

So whether you live or die you win the teamfight.

Anivia is a Burst champion, with stupidly low cooldowns, that get stupid lower with CDR, who is difficult to kill and the BEST CC in the game.

Annie is not better. Not by a longshot.

P.S. You can stun though terrain. You can ult through terrain. You can put a wall up through terrain. Annie does not have the versatility, and is more situational than Anivia.
Enemies have Flash, which reduces the value of wall significantly. I'd rather have 1 dead opponent than 5 snared ones unless those 5 are completely helpless and already losing the battle. If someone kills you, you're out of the battle for a long enough time that they can kill 1 or 2 of your teammates and finish you off later. I mean yeah, her passive is great but it's not full-proof.

I would have agreed with Anivia higher than Annie patches ago, but Anivia has just been hit too hard by recent patches and the abundance of Flash. And really, you don't think Annie can stun or ult through terrain?

CTHDRL

03-26-2010

Quote:
Enemies have Flash, which reduces the value of wall significantly. I'd rather have 1 dead opponent than 5 snared ones unless those 5 are completely helpless and already losing the battle. If someone kills you, you're out of the battle for a long enough time that they can kill 1 or 2 of your teammates and finish you off later. I mean yeah, her passive is great but it's not full-proof.

I would have agreed with Anivia higher than Annie patches ago, but Anivia has just been hit too hard by recent patches and the abundance of Flash. And really, you don't think Annie can stun or ult through terrain?

Stun = Ult. In terms of through terrain.

Flash really isn't that good. Especially now in recent patches.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

And if they wasted all their flashes (assuming you meant they all had flash?) Then good for my team! Now we can push, and they can't stop us because they do not have any escapes. So we automatically win the next teamfight.

So we still win.

JunkRamen

03-26-2010

Quote:
Flash really isn't that good. Especially now in recent patches.
lol ok
Quote:
I'm not sure what you're getting at.

And if they wasted all their flashes (assuming you meant they all had flash?) Then good for my team! Now we can push, and they can't stop us because they do not have any escapes. So we automatically win the next teamfight.

So we still win.
Sure, in the situation where you actually force all 5 of the other team to Flash your wall, you did a great job. Let's see how many times that actually happens.

CTHDRL

03-26-2010

Quote:
lol ok

Sure, in the situation where you actually force all 5 of the other team to Flash your wall, you did a great job. Let's see how many times that actually happens.

Exactly.

So what was your point bringing up flash, again?

You are simply contradicting yourself now; which shows that you are more concerned about appearing correct than actually discussing this topic.

Have fun with that.

JunkRamen

03-26-2010

Quote:
Exactly.

So what was your point bringing up flash, again?

You are simply contradicting yourself now; which shows that you are more concerned about appearing correct than actually discussing this topic.

Have fun with that.
Am I really the one trying to appear correct when you're using black or white scenarios to make your argument? You'll never force an entire team to blink with wall. Maybe 1 or 2 near-kills, but not an entire team. And really, that's what a lot of wall is, trying to prevent 1 or 2 people from escaping.

I mean, if you can somehow make an entire team Flash with 1 wall, kudos to you. Nunus and Katarinas aren't even capable of doing that.