Strongiest / Best / Fav Burster/Nuker:

Anivia 29 23.58%
Annie 60 48.78%
Veigar 13 10.57%
Ryze 21 17.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Anivia vs Annie vs Veigar vs Ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schn

Senior Member

03-26-2010

At full potential, Anivia.

Veigar is just lololol onshot lololol, I think he contributes the least out of everyone. He's so frontloaded that even when he instakills someone he is basically killed as well with his long cooldowns.

Annie is solid damage without being too difficult; Ryze is the same, but starts slower and scales better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorchek

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Anivia... kind of has burst? Her frostbite does a lot of damage, but it's never the kind of burst that can get her kills on her own... All of her CCs are two weak to keep them in place (you have to stack all of your snares to be useful, walls are terrible - especially since you gimp yourself if you level it before FB or FF, and the FF stun is far too short). In other words, despite having 3 CCs, none of them will really keep an opponent in place. Kind of like Fiddle; if he doesn't Crowstorm, he won't have enough DPS to actually kill yourself. If you want to run from Fiddle, you will be able to, I guarantee it (if he hasn't crowstormed you and horribly killed you and the rest of your team, that is).

She can definitely burst you down to about half health with one FF->FB combo during the laning phase. But then you tower hug and it never happens again.

Annie, however, can Flash combo you straight from full health to dead without giving you a chance. Annie for #1 burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fireseal

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Anivia >= Annie > Veigar > Ryze

Ryze gets Rune Prison and does good burst damage, but not huge amounts more than the other casters.

Veigar can instagib enemies, and someone who knows how to use Event Horizon makes him a real threat, but he doesn't get to do much more than dump his spells once then bounce around for a little while.

Annie has consistent great damage and doesn't need to farm as much, and Pyromania procs are wonderous.

You could take away everything from Anivia but Crystallize and she would still be a good character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osmodius

Member

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorchek View Post
Anivia... kind of has burst? Her frostbite does a lot of damage, but it's never the kind of burst that can get her kills on her own... All of her CCs are two weak to keep them in place (you have to stack all of your snares to be useful, walls are terrible - especially since you gimp yourself if you level it before FB or FF, and the FF stun is far too short). In other words, despite having 3 CCs, none of them will really keep an opponent in place.

She can definitely burst you down to about half health with one FF->FB combo during the laning phase. But then you tower hug and it never happens again.

Annie, however, can Flash combo you straight from full health to dead without giving you a chance. Annie for #1 burst.
Flash Frost -> Frostbite -> Glacial Storm -> Wall (to keep them in it until -> Frostbite again.

That's a good 2-3k damage over 3-4 seconds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorchek

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmodius View Post
Flash Frost -> Frostbite -> Glacial Storm -> Wall (to keep them in it until -> Frostbite again.

That's a good 2-3k damage over 3-4 seconds.
Like I said, the Wall is completely ineffective until higher levels, and leveling it gimps your FB or FF's power (like leveling Kass's netherblade over his other spells. Netherblade isn't super terrible, but its worse than his other spells that he needs for damage). Same thing as leveling Annie's shield first, it gimps your damage.

I'm sorry, Wall doesn't cut it. On paper, all of her stuff makes sense. It doesn't work in practice (and you're bsing those damage numbers. Yes, I can easily FF->FB someone to half health, but notice I've already FF, so I spend the stun just running up to them; wall and GS is NOT going to stop them). If you're not bsing those numbers, I guarantee you Annie can do more.

Oh, and Annie has a potential AoE stun. Enough said (although this was a burst contest, not a usefulness contest...).

I also usually GS -> Wall -> FB -> FF -> FB. Not always, but saving FF for runners really helps you and your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorchek View Post
Like I said, the Wall is completely ineffective until higher levels, and leveling it gimps your FB or FF's power (like leveling Kass's netherblade over his other spells. Netherblade isn't super terrible, but its worse than his other spells that he needs for damage). Same thing as leveling Annie's shield first, it gimps your damage.

I'm sorry, Wall doesn't cut it. On paper, all of her stuff makes sense. It doesn't work in practice (and you're bsing those damage numbers. Yes, I can easily FF->FB someone to half health, but notice I've already FF, so I spend the stun just running up to them; wall and GS is NOT going to stop them). If you're not bsing those numbers, I guarantee you Annie can do more.

Oh, and Annie has a potential AoE stun. Enough said (although this was a burst contest, not a usefulness contest...).

I also usually GS -> Wall -> FB -> FF -> FB. Not always, but saving FF for runners really helps you and your team.

Both of them can AoE stun...Anivia's stun radius is much larger than Annie's.

Not only that, Annie can only burst down 1 person.


Anivia can burst away until her mana is gone; + save teammates from danger + slow entire teams + come back to life in all her glory.


Anivia is better than Annie because Annie doens't have an on-command stun. Simple as that.


Annie can stun-rape a single person and then die.



Everyone who voted for Annie has simply never seen a good Anivia.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osmodius

Member

03-26-2010

Get a Chalice on Anivia, and she'll never run out of mana, through 2 team fights in a row. And still put out mad AoE dps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Both of them can AoE stun...Anivia's stun radius is much higher than Annie's.

Not only that, Annie can only burst down 1 person.


Anivia can burst away until her mana is gone; + save teammates from danger + slow entire teams + come back to life in all her glory.


Anivia is better than Annie because Annie doens't have an on-command stun. Simple as that.


Annie can stun-rape a single person and then die.



Everyone who voted for Annie has simply never seen a good Anivia.
If Anivia's stun is bigger than Annie's, it's not by much. And unlike Annie's, Anivia's stun has a slow missle speed. Anivia isn't exactly doing group-wide bursts either considering a good chunk of her damage comes from a conditional single target nuke. Annie's easy and reliable AoE stuns can save teammates from danger too.

Annie's stun may as well be on command when she's used by a decent player. And considering Annie is probably one of the easiest champions to learn in the game, those decent players are common.

What makes you think Annie's stun is only single target?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTHDRL

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
If Anivia's stun is bigger than Annie's, it's not by much. And unlike Annie's, Anivia's stun has a slow missle speed. Anivia isn't exactly doing group-wide bursts either considering a good chunk of her damage comes from a conditional single target nuke. Annie's easy and reliable AoE stuns can save teammates from danger too.

Annie's stun may as well be on command when she's used by a decent player. And considering Annie is probably one of the easiest champions to learn in the game, those decent players are common.

What makes you think Annie's stun is only single target?

I just told you they both have AoE stuns not only that but you replied to my comment where I said that.


????




Annie can only burst down 1 person, beacuse her combo requires her to be in-range of attacks. Annie's job is to run in, combo and leave, until she can spam W enough to get stun back.


So by your logic, a "good" team will focus her instantly. So she will be dead by the time she can even leave the teamfight in the first place.



Anivia's ult fixes any problem about her "slow missile" speed or "omg skillshot". You have to be a **** fool to miss someone who is hardly moving and/or has a wall in front of them.




If you voted for Annie you are wrong, sorry. Anivia is better. Annie is easier to use, but that is not what this discussion is about.

You can argue all day, but Annie only has the fact that she's easier to use going for her. Plain and simple.


I'm not trying to be "Hey look at me be elitist and watch how correct I can be as I prove you wrong"

But seriously, you guys are trying to pretend that Annie even comes close to Anivia.


Honestly now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

Senior Member

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Annie can only burst down 1 person, beacuse her combo requires her to be in-range of attacks. Annie's job is to run in, combo and leave, until she can spam W enough to get stun back.
Yet, Annie's damage is high enough that she isn't simply a 1 combo champ. Annie isn't Malphite. Q still has very significant damage when there isn't a stun or bear behind it. W is still an AoE stun, one with a pretty short "cooldown." You say "all Annie can do is burst down one person." Even if that were true, that's pretty good in itself. Turning the fight into a 4v5 immediately sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:
So by your logic, a "good" team will focus her instantly. So she will be dead by the time she can even leave the teamfight in the first place.
Tibber stun has a pretty long range. She has to get into dangerous range to use W, but if she's stupid enough to W without any other positional threats on her team pressuring your opponent, then of course Anivia will be better.

Quote:
Anivia's ult fixes any problem about her "slow missile" speed or "omg skillshot". You have to be a **** fool to miss someone who is hardly moving and/or has a wall in front of them.
So to set up Annie's stun, she just need a target in range of Tibbers or possibly Flash + Tibbers. For Anivia to set up her stun, she needs to set up her ult and wall in such a way that her opponents are all snared and walled in, then she can stun. I'm not saying her stun is bad, but it does require a lot more set-up and has less overall damage than Annie's. Anivia's good at control, everybody knows that.

But really, if Annie's going into dangerous range to use W, Anivia is getting herself in just as much danger if she wants to wall in her opponent.