Jax Item Build Discussion ( Based on the Passive)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

03-25-2010

Potential First Items:
2200 - Guinsoo's Rageblade
35 ATK - 140 hp
45 AP - 90 hp

-Synergy with skills; ASPD
-230 hp
-Cheap

3300 - Bloodthirster
60 ATK (+40)
VAMP (Max 25%)

-VAMP+Dodge is OP
-240 hp
-Expensive first item, leaving you with only a BF sword early game; not as much utility

Potential Second Items:
Atma's Impaler (rageblade)
Last Whisper (bloodthirster)

--In my opinion, these are the best four items for jax, but I would like some opinions from the rest of you:

Item orders
Item replacements
The appropriate game phase for elixirs
--Starting item (Doran's Shield, Ring, Blade, or other)

--Something I've noticed is that I rarely buy defensive items for jax, not even a banshee's veil. Please consider this for feedback as well.

03-25-2010

bump /

Three most important stats for jax

Damage/AP (Thus HP)
Vamp
ASPD

--Cheapest items to achieve three stats in substantial amounts, and in the cheapest way.

NeedMoreGold

03-25-2010

I would agree with your item selections ( RageBlade, Thirster, and Last Whisper) I USUALLY always try and get those 3 items. Yet, I play my Jax defensively, (Obviously circumstantial) so I try and get some MR, was gettin banshee, but have switched to Visage.

I have not tried Atma's, but have read alot of Jax users purchasing one...would have to try.

What are your masteries with him? I tend to switch up alot, like I said, I play alot of defensive Jax, so sometimes I put alot of points in Defensive tree, other times just do the basic 21-9-0. Just curious to know what you have experimented with, and what you have noticed.

I have learned over my games, that Jax is very dependent on his team, if the team cant survive in Team fights, then Jax fails (you can say that about many melee hero's but i feel Jax more then others). He is also very situational...team opposition makes a huge difference, just a couple of enemy hero's that have AoE, stuns, and group CC's, its over for Jax...but against basic melee and certain single target AP hero's, he can excell. Just my 2 cents.

Ephiastos

03-26-2010

hey guys i have a strange but great item build with jax based on his ultimate

first u get vampiric szepter and get then malady cauze u enourmsly need attack for u ulti and life steal to stay on u lane and not to get back every 2 secs ....

then ninja tabil - of course u need some doge rating for u E attack then get guinsoo rageblad as soon as possible cauze its a strong item and jax depends on items hard

after u get malady ninja tabil and guinsoo rageblade - buy lich bane (u need ap 4 ulti and the unique passive skill is awesome for ap/dps hybrid champs) then u need to get zonyja ring to get overpowered the last item u can variant between some health more attack speed dogde if u mean u need it and attack dmg

if u egt this build no ryze will kill u late game and u ll get unstoppable :P

dont critc without trying it before pls - it a really awesome build but hard to survive early so i specc the tank tree :P

HF gl - see ya

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

As for Jax's item i usually start with vamp scepter, next are ninja-tabi boots(unless they have ******ed CC and then it's merc treads). With vamp scepter and ninja-tabi boots though @ lvl 6 you can solo anything in the jungle other then nashor.

Next item is rageblade, followed by 2 options.

1) If they don't have that much CC and have atleast 2 physical carries I get phantom dancer. This plus boots, plus jax's "e" skill, plus 8.8% dodge from runes, plus 2% from defensive mastery = 47-48% to dodge. That's crazyness.

2) If dodge is pointless because they're all caster dps I'll build a Trinity Force. With Jax's empower around 4 seconds, you can utalize the proc very well.

If you notice the above item give jax something he despratly needs. Movement speed. That's key.

After that get a Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge.I prefer bloodthirster but both are very good options

Finally get an Atma's Impaler. You now have 3.5k ish hp, hit like a truck, and dodge like a mojo(If you got the ninja tabi and phantom dancer.)

Honestly Jax does not need armor pen/reduction in any way shape or form. His ulti does so much magic damage it's not funny. The only people who will have a lot of armor or magic resist will be the tanks, and let's face it there's better targets out there then to wail on the tank. Jax's leap can get you onto the squishies where you can unleash hell.

Final Build #1:
Bloodthister
Ninja-Tabi
Ginsuu's Rageblade
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Atma's Impaler

Final Build #2:
Bloodthister
Mercury Thread
Ginsuu's Rageblade
Trinity Force
Banshee's Veil/Guardian Angel
Atma's Impaler

Note: Build 1 is vs a melee centric team. Build 2 is vs a CC centric team. Both builds provide 3k+ hp and decent attack power. Build 2 suffers in attack speed but makes up for it in burst with Trinity Force.

Also for those of you who don't like to step into the jungle for lizard buff or rather give it to your teammate, you can get a frozen mallet. But in doing so you gotta give up the Atma's Impaler. Not doing so will gimp your dps greatly.

Edit: Just a side note, but if your playing Jax and your level 30, please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
spec 21/9/0. The 9 in the defensive tree is the utmost important because of the 10% movement speed you get when you dodge. It helps jax chase/run like no other. The 21 points is up to you, but be smart about it. Don't take the extra minion damage, improved smite, or improved ignite. Anything else is up to you, although I wouldn't suggest improved rally as fights RARELY stay in one location and Jax doesn't need any help pwning towers.

Razr

03-26-2010

Jax needs 3 items to succeed: Ninja Tabi, Guinsoo's Rageblade, and Atma's Impaler. After this point you do NOT need Attack Speed on anything; your passive end game pushes you to close to an attack speed of 2 so anything over that is for the most part a waste. Also, tailor your build for what your team needs. Need a carry to make squishies fall down like dominoes if the game looks like it's going to drag on? Build Bloodthirsters. Need more burst and a slow so nobody escapes you? Build Rylai's and watch as you slow their entire team with your AoE's. Getting focused? Build Banshee's and possibly a Trinity Force for more raw Health and Mana to make you even tankier. Jax is incredibly versatile in his current state, and should be treated as such.

EnderA

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritara View Post
The 21 points is up to you, but be smart about it. Don't take the extra minion damage, improved smite, or improved ignite. Anything else is up to you, although I wouldn't suggest improved rally as fights RARELY stay in one location and Jax doesn't need any help pwning towers.
In my opinion, it's essential to have at least one Rally on the team, much like Clairvoyance. So the question is, who should take it? Probably not the mages, they're too squishy, and they have better things to bring (Clairvoyance, Flash, Ignite, Clarity, maybe TP.) Not your main carries, they also have better things to bring (Flash, Exhaust, Ghost, Cleanse, or Smite.) So maybe your tanks. Or... you. Take a look at what it does, especially with the Mastery:

"Summons a beacon with 200 + 25 x level Health for 15 seconds which increases allied base Physical Damage by 10-35 Attack Damage and heals for 15 + 1.5 x level per second."
plus
"Improves your rally spell to also increase Ability Power by 20-70, and increases its duration by 5 seconds."

So it gives you attack damage, ability power, and health regeneration? For 20 seconds? Now add in your passive: 4 HP/dmg, 2HP/AP, and you get 80 -> 280 max HP from it as well.

Seems like a perfect fit for Jax to me. He loves attack damage, ability power, everyone likes health regeneration, and he's awesome in prolonged combat, since his ult charges him up. Rally gives him another fantastic weapon. Worst case scenario, it's a group heal with a long cooldown.

tl;dr: Rally's awesome on Jax.

pannra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

[QUOTE=Razr;904278]Jax needs 3 items to succeed: Ninja Tabi, Guinsoo's Rageblade, and Atma's Impaler. QUOTE]

This, plus some elixirs and rally and watch as whole teams drop.

treegun

03-26-2010

Dorans shield+hp pot
Ninja tabi/treads
sheen
red buff+fortpot(depends)+GANKS
guinsoos
atmas
trinity
sell dorans and build bthirster
IE or banshees veil

GG

Pwnacus Maximus

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegun View Post
Dorans shield+hp pot
Ninja tabi/treads
sheen
red buff+fortpot(depends)+GANKS
guinsoos
atmas
trinity
sell dorans and build bthirster
IE or banshees veil

GG
Quote:
sheen
FAIL.

Dorans > Ninja Tabi > guinsoo > atma > bthirster/starks > gg.