AP Shen.. what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taste

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

So... Im sitting here looking at shens abilities and the whole 4x hp.. blah blah.. okay whatever... So this is what I've come up with... And it works out pretty well...

Doran Shield
Boots(depends on there team make up, tabi for phys heavy.. and merc for magi heavy...obviously)
Sheen
Catalyst
Rod of Ages

Doran shield for health regen + early game survive.
Boots are obvious...
Sheen to take advantage of the 4x hp + the spamming of q and w.. which in turn equals lots of procs for your sheen... not to mention the ap which adds dmg to your vorpal blade, and hp to your shield...
Catalyst and Rod of Ages as a tanking item that gives lots of other good stuff too...

I use offensive and utility tree... with armor pen... magic res... armor.. ^_^;;

Simple stuff.. dont want to go further into detail...

Love...

Taste :-)

Jimmyjames

03-25-2010

Why Catalyst on a guy with no mana?

Taste

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Because it builds into rod of ages, and gives you hp + ap which increases your passive, and your actual skills q + w

Also might I add, that the point of this is to maximize sheen procs utilizing q and w along with shens passive. while still maintaing the ability to tank, and using e as a way of escaping.. and r as a means to gank and counter.

DatWubWub

03-25-2010

I dont think this is viable at all, whats his ap ratio?

Taste

03-25-2010

.6 on blade and .3 on shield...

Zeratav

03-25-2010

Why not Rylai's instead of Rod of Ages? It gives you an instant health bonus and 80 ap instead of the over time benefit of Rod of Ages, as well as a slow to your q skill, which you said yourself you will be spamming.

Taste

03-25-2010

I thought about that, and it is a good substitute if not a better one... But the advantage of health boosts w/ leveling in the levels 7-12 is a huge benefit... and needs to be accounted for as well.. Both items have there advantages and disadvantages.... I do like rylais equally if not better under certain circumstances.

Roli

03-25-2010

Catalyst = mana crystal
Sheen = mana crystal

= 800 gold wasted.

Khranz

03-25-2010

Rylai's also gives you an AoE 15% slow and a highly spammable 30% slow off your Q. How is wasting 800 gold on mana for RoA any better in ANY situation? You will contribute so much more thanks to the slow... as opposed to what... 150 extra health?

AutoSponge

03-25-2010

I did my typical analysis for a new character. I removed any value for Mp5 or Mana and looked at what AP items Shen would want, here's the ranked list:

Mejai's Soulstealer (20)
Guinsoo's Rageblade (8)
Mejai's Soulstealer (half)
Doran's ring
Rod of Ages (full)
Zhonya's Ring (100)
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya's Ring (80)
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Blasting Wand
Amplifying Tome
Rylai's Scepter
Archangel's Staff (4k)
The Black Cleaver
Zhonya's Ring
Kage's Lucky Pick
Trinity Force
Rod of Ages (half)
Nashor's Tooth
Rod of Ages

Rylai's does help chase, I've tested it. Rageblade seems like a good choice since you'll be proc'ing and casting on 8 stacks often. If you're good and can protect the stacks, mejai's could be sick otherwise z-ring rounds out the AP items you'd want.

That third item doesn't seem very practical. I'd probably go with something else tanky instead. With some mpen, your overall DPS as well as burst damage would increase with a build like this. So, I'm thinking my tank items would be Soulfire cape(s).

edit: BTW, everything after blasting wand is a negative value item.