The term "backdooring"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rain9441

03-25-2010

I would define backdooring as follows:

Attacking a tower or inhibitor or nexus when all full wave of creeps belonging to the tower or inhibitor or nexus's lane are either moving behind you or engaging with friendly creeps behind you.

Simple and encompasses all backdooring processes. For the purposes of creeps belonging to a tower or inhibitor, assume that the nexus and towers protecting the nexus are owners of all creeps. Thus if any creeps are pushed to the nexus, the nexus isn't being backdoored (Note the above says ALL creeps belonging to the nexus to satisfy).

Thus:

If you attack bottom tower and there are enemy creeps moving behind you, you are backdooring.
If you attack bottom tower and there is a full wave of enemy creeps fighting your creep wave behind you, you are backdooring.
If you attack a tower and there are no enemy creeps behind you, you are not backdooring.
If you attack a tower and only one enemy creep is behind you, you are not backdooring.
If you attack a tower and there are no enemy creeps behind you nor are there any friendly creeps near the enemy tower, you are not backdooring.

Typically speaking, backdooring is accepted by the community but is used as a last resort to try and justify a team's loss to an "unfair yet perfectly fine" tactic.

If you push through bottom tower and then proceed to clear out the entire base, technically your team is "backdooring" the other towers/inhibitors but it's kind of stupid to call it backdooring when you walked into the front door of their base legally. Once you're in, you're in. But if you leave and come back, it's backdooring.

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Pantheon's passive blocking turrets is fine except when he has enough attack speed to block 50% of the turret's shots and can tank one down from full HP.
Actually I can take down a turret from full to zero w/o being damaged by the turret *say hello to my 2.5 atk spd * as Panth.

I do like to BD the s h i t out of the other team, it is a tactic, if I see a Pantheon/TF in the other team going AS/AD Whenever We push I ask someone on my team to stay back and defend. People should know how to avoid being BD'ed.

If at all I suggest Riot to increase the attack speed on turrets whenever there is no minions around and increase the regen rate of the inhs when no minions are near it to a 300-400% or something like you need a lot of hits to take an inh down.

But all in all, BD is a legal tactic that should not be criticized.

Yana

03-26-2010

If you check most tournament rules, at least the non-european ones (I don't know those), in DotA you CAN BD as long as you don't TP into base. Otherwise 100% allowed.

Infact, I do recall Icefrog pretty much said it was allowed, as well as including the TDA rules in DotA in the map info which specifically allow backdoor.

It's just pubs which don't like backdooring, but they're being scrubs.